Thanks

so happy! Any positive experience with Tailor in BKK - getting married in January.

Hi All,
    Been a long time since I used this forum.

So the good news - getting married in January at the family farm out Phichit way.

I will need to buy a Thai style wedding jacket.
    I'm large in the shoulders and chest (and no longer flat in the belly.) and I rarely find (On previous tourist visits.) even xxl or xxx to be large enough.
    Therefore I suspect I'll need a custom made jacket.

I can find a few tailors advertising in English online - I am asking here just in case anyone can give personal recommendation about tailors who have good experience with fallang sized bodies.

I'm arriving on December 14, to give me plenty of time to get around BKK getting documents sorted out pre-wedding.
    Leaving for the family farm Dec 30. So I have just over two weeks to get a jacket custom made.

Thanks for any helpful input.
    Mikel A.

Thanks

Re: Any positive experience with Tailor in BKK - getting married in January.

First of all congratulations!

I would stay away from the places that advertise in in-flight magazines and also one that have people out the front trying to get people inside.

I have always just asked the concierge at the hotel I am staying at. Most 5 star places have a good recommendation of somewhere whose reputation they know about. You don't even need to be staying at the hotel, you can just ask the concierge.

I have always used CT Chinese Tailor at 404 Phaya Thai Rd, Wangmai,Pathumwan and was always happy with the service.
    Having said that I haven't had anything made there in about 5 years so I cannot vouch for the current quality.
    Follow me on Twitter. I mostly tweet about hotels and resorts in Thailand. |
    Check out my Thailand Tumblr Photo blog

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jerome For This Useful Post:

AzureAussie (06-12-17), emu (08-12-17), Marie (05-12-17)

Thread Information