Thanks
    Thanked 5,317 Times in 3,445 Posts

Thai Airways Limits Passenger Waist Size for Business Class on Boeing Dreamliner

Thai Airways Limits Passenger Waist Size for Business Class on Boeing Dreamliner
    By Editor on Mar 16, 2018

BANGKOK Ė Thai Airways International has banned passengers with over 56-inch waistline and passengers with kids on their laps from Business Class seating on its Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner.

The new regulation on oversized passengers was announced by THAIís Corporate Image and Social Responsibility Division this week.

Flight Lieutenant Pratana Patanasiri, THAI Vice President, Aviation Safety, Security & Standards Department, clarified in the announcement today (March 16) that THAI has taken delivery of two Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircrafts to its service fleet since September last year.

MORE: CHIANG RAI TIMES

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Khun Don For This Useful Post:

Susana (11-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,966 Posts

Re: Thai Airways Limits Passenger Waist Size for Business Class on Boeing Dreamliner

Hmmm........I googled "average waist size of men" and this is the first response:

"35.8 inches
    The survey reveals that the average British man estimated that they had a waist size of 35.8 inches, more than two inches smaller than English and Scottish national averages [37.9 and 38 inches respectively].Oct 7, 2011
    Men 'underestimate waist size' - Telegraph
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/8812499/Men-underestimate-waist-size.html"

The next is an article from NPR entitled "The Average American Man Is Too Big For His Britches"

So there we have it!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Susana For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (11-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,171 Posts

Re: Thai Airways Limits Passenger Waist Size for Business Class on Boeing Dreamliner

Yet, no restriction in coach ...
    "Repudiate bullshit wherever you find it. Reason is worth standing up for." - Peter Boghossian

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (11-04-18), Susana (13-04-18)

Thanks

Perhaps fortunately, I cant afford to fly business class, so my fat bum should not get me into any trouble....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kfchugo For This Useful Post:

Susana (13-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 1,966 Posts

If I get seated next to a man he usually stakes a claim on what he considers his territory first thing by parking his meaty arms on the arm rests.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Susana For This Useful Post:

Khun Don (13-04-18)

Thread Information