PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Cheating men

Thread: Cheating men

Thanks

panic

I've read in a couple of places that Thai men are known to for there cheating, and I was wondering if this was the case? If so i dont understand why the wifes/girlfriends stay with them?? Can you help me out on this one please. Thank you.

Thanks
    Yes it is true Thai men cheat a lot. Thai men live in a world that is dominated by the so called Alfa Male, where the man pays for almost every thing from the first date, right on to the wedding day, this paying for every thing means he is in control of the situation deciding where to go and what to do, this intern brain washes the woman, that she is for ever in dept to the man, that did so much for her at the beginning of the relationship. When the woman gets married, she feels compelled to look after him like a king, to pay off this dept for the rest of her life, he intern can with in reason do what he likes, when he likes, which includes cheating, she will not like his cheating, but will not leave as she has been brain washed into believing she is in his dept, she also realizes, this man still loves her even thought he is a cheat, she knows the woman he is cheating with is not love, just a bit fun for his need for sexual variety.
    If a woman does not want a man to cheat she should find a man that does not act like an Alfa Male in the first place, and show her independence by paying her own way starting from the first date.

Thanks
    Paul that is a bit uncalled for. In answer to the original question, before the woman being required to pay as Paul demands of his dreamgirl, yes Thai men cheat. But no more than men from Germany, Sweden, Italy, Canada, Scotland, Argentina, Korea, New Zealand, Singapore, Isreal, The Ukraine, Ireland, Mexico..... Ya know several of the USA's former presidents were known for their infedelity, England's Prince Charles. It is an issue everywhere, no need to drag Thai men further down.

As for staying with the men who do this, there are many Western women who also stay with their husbands after adultery occurs. If it happens while dating it is VERY rare for the girl to stay with him. There are thousands of married Thai women who can not do this and do end up getting divorces. Many only to marry a man a white man from the USA and Australia to be treated even worse than with her Thai ex-husband.

You'll have to excuse the above, with Paul it comes down to money at the end everytime.
    Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak....and in every forum you will find at least one.

When you critisize someone, walk a mile in his shoes first; then, if he gets mad, he'll be a mile away and barefoot.

Thanks
    hummmm....paul_au,
    Are you in the time of widespread glaciation?
    Dear blonde18,
    Most of Thai men are very nice and kind. All of my girlfriends are happy with their spouses. I bet some foreigner may have done worse case. I think you are the one who to have power over this.( shuuush....don't let him know&#33:p

Thanks
    Wait a second here... sure, cheating husbands are ubiquitous, but it is undeniable that Thailand has a past where polygamy was the ordinary. In fact, it is still largely accepted. Generally unspoken, but not unusual. For instance, my sister's father has two wives. One of Mae's friends has three wives. And you know that Thailand has a trouble getting rid of this barbaric aspect of her past when you can hear politicians furiously insist on their "right" to have Mia noi (minor wife, mistress) - a recent event that was sparked by TRT's attempt to civilize its party from the inside.

All in all, it is quite possible that Thai men in general cheat on their wives more than men from other nations. Not because they are any worse, but simply because many still view it as their inalienable right to do so.

Thanks
    I never even considered the past playing a part nice thinking and reasoning on it. But either way paul it has nothing to do with her not paying for the date lol
    Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak....and in every forum you will find at least one.

When you critisize someone, walk a mile in his shoes first; then, if he gets mad, he'll be a mile away and barefoot.

Thanks
    Well, if Thai girls did not closed their eyes on this attitude, maybe Thai men will cheat less.
    At work girls!! Change them in good!! lol
    \"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.\"

Le petit prince
    Antoine de Saint Exupery

Thanks
    I certainly agree that it has nothing to do with men paying for everything. It seems that Paul can turn any subject into a lecture about him never paying for anything on a date. Perhaps if we collected all of his posts here, we could publish a book entitled something like, "Rich Paul, Poor Paul. How to date a thousand women without paying a cent, while you are a millionaire entrepeneur."

Anyway, on the topic of paying for everything,(and I know this is going to make Stacker mad,) if anything, I've seen a lot of Thai men actually leeching off their women, not working at all and being supported by their girlfriend/partner. The women don't seem to think anything perverse about this and in fact see it as their duty or, as we say in Japan "atarimae". I'm not trying to sound pretenscious by using a foreign word, it is just that there is no word in English that fits better. It means something like, "unquestionably the way things are/should be."
    My wife used to be in a relationship with a guy like this and I've seen other cases of it.
    The men, (NOT all Thai men, just the men in these cases) seem to have no pride and regard it as their right to behave as such, along with cheating. Incidently, Japanese men also seem to think that it is their natural right to cheat, and in fact the majority of married women would look the other way if they knew their spouse was cheating. Actually the society encourages it.

So while Thai (and a lot of other Asian nationalities, Japanese, Chinese etc) men are known for being womanizers, do they nessesarily do it more than their western counterparts? or are they just more open about it, and their society more accepting of it?
    Follow me on Twitter. I mostly tweet about hotels and resorts in Thailand. |
    Check out my Thailand Tumblr Photo blog

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Jerome @ Sep. 25 2004,05:50)]Anyway, on the topic of paying for everything,(and I know this is going to make Stacker mad,) if anything, I've seen a lot of Thai men actually leeching off their women, not working at all and being supported by their girlfriend/partner.
    LOL I can not get offended from a forum easily, but thank you for the consideration and warning I see it too, but also in the USA there are men who find women with 4 or 5 children so that there is enough money in childsupport and the welfare system so that nobody in their family circle needs to work! Yes, men will try to leech from a woman too. If there was a millionaire for example, who insisted that the women pay through thier dating so as not to hurt his bank account. That is leeching too I am not talking about you Paul

Quote[/b] (Jerome @ Sep. 25 2004,05:50)]
    So while Thai (and a lot of other Asian nationalities, Japanese, Chinese etc) men are known for being womanizers, do they nessesarily do it more than their western counterparts? or are they just more open about it, and their society more accepting of it?
    Fine questions, this is exactly where I think Seeker hit home. Read your questions again then reread his post. For me it is a whole new outlook. One i know my wife will not approve of, but many women act as though it is just part of male nature so it is often dismissed in Thailand.

delawang Guest
    Quote[/b] (blonde18 @ Sep. 24 2004,19:11)]I've read in a couple of places that Thai men are known to for there cheating
    It is easy to keep a man from cheating when you come to Thailand you can ask a Thai lady she atibai dai

-mao lao nit noi dtaa post internet dai -

Thread Information