PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Highlights of Hua Hin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

so happy!

We are planning a working holiday to Hua Hin this weekend to take pictures for the thailandguidebook.com web site. Has anyone been to that area (including stops on the way from Bangkok)? What are places not to miss?
    Support the forum and chat rooms and buy computer software and books for learning Thai at www.BuyThaiBooks.com

Thanks

thumbs up

I've enjoyed the view overlooking Hua Hin from the top of the beachside hills on the south edge of town. There's a nice temple up there; watch out for the monkeys!
    Abandon wrongdoing. It can be done.
    Cultivate doing good. It can be done.

Thanks
    I live in Hua Hin, for more info have a look here:

Hua Hin Observer

The beaches a little further south are excellent (khao tao and Suan Son). Also don't miss the weekend markets. Khao Hin Lek Fai offers great views over the city (especially in the evening). The King Royal Palace (klaigungwon) is worth a visit. As mentioned the monkeys at Khao Takiab. And try the seafood at some of the local restaurants in town.

If you want any more info webmaster@observergroup.net

Hope you enjoy it here!

Thanks
    I also live here in Hua Hin. Just to add a bit to buksida's answer. If you go to Khao Tao, head for Hat Sai Noi beach, it's very pictoresque. Yes, and go to Khao Hin Lek Fai to get an overall view of the area. It's an easy ride up there, the road has just been repaired. Depending how long time you have, the national parks of Kaeng Krachan and Sam Roi Yod are also worth visiting.

Vali Guest
    From Bangkok to Hua Hin... we stopped at an old palace of one King... and at one of those temples in the mountain side.. I am not very good with names, unfortunately... I guess I spent most of my time at Cha Am beach and not Hua Hin... but here you can still see the little bit I had on my old website.

Thanks
    That must have been King Rama IV's summer palace in Petchburi town. It can be easily spotted while passing the town.

Vali Guest

talking

Yep, I found that old website of mine and it had the name on there along with some pictures

Thanks
    hi, one more question:
    is hua hin also such a tourist-centre like phuket? Or is it calmer? what about ch-am near hua hin?
    what kind of tourist are in the hua hin region? own thai-tourist or european or from usa?

Thanks
    Hua Hin is a lot quieter than phuket, it is also a thai town unlike samui or patong which are only tourist beach places.

Cha-am is 28km north of hua hin, it is very quiet. gets busy at weekends with thai's travelling down from bangkok to enjoy the beach.

Hua Hin has both Thai and Farang tourists, it gets full on long weekends as it's close to the city and many people come for a short break. Very quiet at the moment though.

Thanks
    We just got back from our holiday to Hua Hin. Thanks everyone for your tips though a few were too late as we had already left!

We had a great time though it was a little hot for us. The above picture was taken on the main beach at Hua Hin. The rocks are what gives the town its name (hin = rock). I'll post some more pics later.
    Support the forum and chat rooms and buy computer software and books for learning Thai at www.BuyThaiBooks.com

Thread Information