PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Ubon to Udon Thani
    slowfood Guest

Ubon to Udon Thani

Hi all,

On my next trip to Thailand I am looking at going overland from Ubon Ratchathani to Udon Thani via Mukdahan and Sakhon Nakhon. Has anyone done this? and should I do it?

I want to get away from the main tourist areas and taste the local cuisine. I have been to Ubon before but never up to Udon Thani.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    No thoughts from me but a favour to ask... Could you please post a post trip report on Udon Thani?

I'm very interested to go there but would like to know what people think and feel about the place first.

Thanks a million in advance.

slowfood Guest
    Will do. From what I have heard it is a pretty friendly place and there are few farang.

I can really recommend you guys to take a trip to Udon Thani if you get the oppurtunity some day.My mums family all live there, and 3 years ago we built a house there.It`s a really lovely place My feeling is that you get the to see more of the "real" Thailand there.And like you said you wanted to get away from the typical tourist places...A few years ago there were hardly any tourists there,but the amount have been growing now the last years,but it`s nothing compared to some other places in Thailand.People usually stare alot when they see "farang",mostly because they`re not that used to it there.But people there are as friendy and helpful as the rest of Thailand,if not friendlier,if possible

Hope you have a nice trip!

clint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (slowfood @ June 02 2003,05:25)]Hi all,

On my next trip to Thailand I am looking at going overland from Ubon Ratchathani to Udon Thani via Mukdahan and Sakhon Nakhon. Has anyone done this? and should I do it?

I want to get away from the main tourist areas and taste the local cuisine. I have been to Ubon before but never up to Udon Thani.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    you will not have no problums on this route it is veary beautiful and you will enjoy it. if you go thru That Phanom stop a the temple it is realy nice you will like it.you will find some real good soups and foods on the way.if you can rent a car and do the trip that a way. You can take all the time to check out all the good spots. Have a wonderful trip

Thread Information