PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Singaporeans with an interest in Thai - Page 3
Page 3 of 129 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast
    Thanks

thumbs up

hi kelv!
    A very warm welcome to you! hey, just scroll up a little, i think our dear old silver has posted a very useful post on the thai teacher thingy. I'm thinking of asking silver for his/her contacts too. *grins*

oh kelv, u like thai music too? who's ur fav?

poppy chorp endorphine, pink, gor ann. thinking of getting the lanna commins CD. I kept hearing her song/advert on TV and it starts ringing in my head... cannot get it out. hahahah!

Thanks
    I recommend you guys use Skype
    I think if you guys use this program that may able to help you contact with each others and practice speaking thai together
    take a look on this web http://www.skype.com/

Thanks
    Hi lethal_poppy,
    I think it's a great idea that we try to talk as much Thai as possible during out meet ups. That's the best way to really improve the language.
    As for clubbing, what I mean is in Singapore. I only know Pub 68, Golden Mile Thai Disco and Ipanema(upper level). The 'real' Thai disco is the one at Golden Mile of course. Have you been to any before?

Skydiver,
    Hi there. My teacher is a housewife. Came from Bangkok. Basically, for the lessons, textbooks, wordlists and language notes will be handed to you. I know that we can learn Thai vocaburary thru' the internet too. But the thing is Thai is not as simple as translating from English to Thai directly. You have to know how to phrase the words in proper order if not, the message will come across in a different meaning. That's why I find that it's better to have a teacher to guide you thru'. Of course, all these are my personal opinions.

Anyway, for those who are interested or need more info, you can contact her directly @91263944. You can address her as Mrs Chua or Khun Chalerm Sri. Just say that you are Daniel's friend will do.

Thanks
    Well,for me thai is a language that is not easy to master unless u had someone to communicate and translate as well.Or else it may take a long long time.And one more thing,if e tone u not sure don't try to guess!
    IT WILL LEAD U TO NOTHING

Thanks
    Sorry been busy the past few days...
    Nice to see we have more responses now.
    Sawatdee Karp Khun Avery, Radiostar, PJ_Quek, lethal_poppy, raleigh, skydiver, granva08, Silver7, garry and v_kel.

I mention in the last thread of the problem of the mode of contact, so I've come up with a solution. Those of u who are keen to meet up one of these days like what lethal_poppy suggested, can email me your contact no. to my email address: derrickwys@hotmail.com if that's comfortable with u guys , no commitments though. I will try my best to arrange for a get-together so we can know and learn from each other asap. Sure it would be a lot of fun....haha.

Glad to know I'm not alone in this learning phase and that we all share the same interest (at least in thai). Thanks all for the feedbacks and would appreciate that u guys reply me asap. Korp Kun mark.

derrickwys@hotmail.com

Thanks

thumbs up

Genesis, you can get me @96381987 Daniel.

Thanks
    got my sms, Daniel? LOL hope didnt frighten u

Thanks
    Hey Skydiver, how will you be able to keep your fingers crossed while typing??? LOL

Thanks
    LOL .... I typed with toes Sorry sms the 'wrong person' just now.
    Anyway, i got thai girl for u But need to know u abit more b4 I intro intro..later my gf kill me ...

Thanks
    Skydiver, don't say until like I'm so desperate to look for a gf leh.....
    So have you view the books? How was it?

Thread Information