PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Outcast
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Outcast

Thanks

blushing

I don't know how much this apply to the majority of you, but have any of you ever feel so different, so out of place in society, that you convinced yourself that no one will ever be able to know you deeper than your exterior feature? I live in America for the most part of my life and I'm pretty acustomed to it. So acustomed that i dont think i could ever survive in Thailand. But yet still, in America, Im constantly mistaken to be Chinese or Korean or Japanese or Filipino and etc. But hardly do I ever come across as a Thai. I feel like I dont belong anywhere, not as an American or a Thai. I feel so lost and alone in this big place and only my family really knows me for more than my exterior If you can relate. PLEASE SHARE! I would be so happy if you do!

Thanks
    Maybe my phrasing is bad....I've been told that many times....:p Do you feel out of place around your society that you just for a second forget your root?

Thanks
    I am white, and i hate my roots, i would much rather live in with a family that isn't like mine, one with tradition and respect, alot of familys don't have that unless you have alot of beliefs or traditions, i have never really felt like i belong among white people, as odd as that sounds.

Thanks
    I'm English and i grew up in England but a couple of years ago my family moved to Holland, something i hated and disagreed with at the time. But when my friends ask me 'are you coming home?' i just say yeah i'll probably come to the UK soon, i dont see it as my home and i dont see holland as my country. Its like I'm floating between too worlds, but why i chose to say England is not my home anymore is because i've realised there are so many places out there that i can make my home.
    As for not belonging i think you need to find some place in your heart where you are comfortable with yourself, even if that isn't in America or Thailand you could find it in Australia, England, or any other country. Be proud of who you are and not what people think. And the only way people are going to get to know you deeper is if you just let people in, even if its just a little bit, and it will grow. Be strong.

Thanks
    thanks for sharing

Thanks

panic

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (g0mer @ Nov. 18 2004,02:15)]I am white, and i hate my roots
    wow, thats deep, I don't think I know a single white person who hates being white....

Thanks
    I don't understand how someone can hate his/her roots... The only reason I can think of to hate your roots is if you're embarassed of it because of what happened in the past, Nazi holocaust comes to mind, but even that is not a valid reason.

Or maybe, it's not so much as hating your roots but rather wishing to be something else.

Thanks
    Most people don't pick me for being Australian, they think I'm either Finnish or Swedish, but I used to enjoy my roots in Australia, as I can remember when every one left there money out for the milkman until the mid 70,s, but Australia has gone down hill, the milkman does not come now as the money would be stolen, Australian society has changed partly because of the introduction of a social security welfare sate, high unemployment in the 70's and 80's, letting any riffraff in on immigration visas. I don't feel I'm living in the same country any more, Australia has got that bad, I enjoy my trips to Sweden Finland Japan and Thailand as it some how reminds me of the old Australia, where people have respect for every one, before Australia was destroyed by multiculturalism.

Thanks
    Hey we've got the same problem.... Some people think that I am Chinese, Korean, Indonesian and one thought I came from Surinam.
    There a lot of weirdo's in here and I think they are dump. If they don't know where you come just say nothing... I think.

But hey your not the only one and I am really proud that I am a Thai:laugh:

Much loves from Suwadi

Thanks
    So multiculturalism has destroyed Australia?so paul are you an Aboriginie or are you an immigrant,if you are not an Aboriginie then you are part of what YOU say has destroyed Australia.

Thread Information