PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Exchange student in thailand
    Thanks
    I was an exchange student in Thailand in 1994/1995 and wow what an experience. It is only now, after 10 years that I can truly appreciate what an experience it really was. I was 17 years old and naive. I went blindly and no, we did not have email and even making a phone call was very difficult.

I lived in a small fishing village in Southern Thailand called Sichon on the East coast. It was culture shock alright, but I found that the more I allowed myself to 'become Thai' the better I could understand the culture and people and the better I adjusted to my new life. It was a year full of ups and downs, some memories I have are to be long forgotten, others I hold dear in my heart. My experience made me who I am today and I am so grateful. The Thai people, I just love and can't wait to go back again.

My heart and prayers go out to all the Thai people and any exchange students in Thailand as they deal with this horrible disaster Tsunami that just happened. May their hearts heal and the smiles return to their beautiful faces!

Thank you Thailand!

Jenda (my Thai name)

Thanks
    This post is moving me, truly.
    It's not about the disaster actually, of course, tears came to my eyes often when I saw the place I spent my last hollidays up side down, but I find it moving cause it absolutely deals with what I hope I'll be able to say at the end of the year I'll spend in thailand from next august.

My one month trip in thailand changed my life, I did read a lot of books about it since I'm back and now I'm going to study there, it's a dream becoming true.
    I really hope I'll learn, hear, smell everything, I hope my year will help me to "build" myself as you said...

I'm surprised by the pretty important number of former or current exchange students in thailand, I guess it's a clue of the quality of the academics there, isn't it?

Thread Information