PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Offical web site for tsunami victim (thailand)
    Thanks
    Here the latest from Phuket,Thailand.An offical web site been setup for those still seaching high and low for those who lost theirs love ones and still can't been found. >www.csiphuket.com
    Natthi Santiparam Sukham

Thanks
    Website for DNA data
    The Nation, Published on January 04, 2005

Dead tsunami victims DNA information is available on the official Thai website, thaitsunami.com, to help identify them, Information and Communications Technology minister Surapong Suebwonglee said yesterday.

The DNA data, as well as photos of the victims, can be accessed under authorisation only, he said after a meeting with relevant agencies on setting up the integrated website.

The passwords will be given to embassies and provincial governors, according to the ICT minister.

People looking for missing relatives may provide DNA samples to be compared with the information available on the website, he said.

DNA, or deoxyribonucleic acid, is the material in the nucleus of cells that carries genetic information.

Thanks
    I've been working as a volunteer with thaitsunami.com , and just want to let you know if you have problems with the site - it's being worked on by a lot of people almost constantly - then try http://www1.thaitsunami.com/ instead which is a slightly different version of the site but has basically the same information. I expect any problems with the main site will be sorted out soon though.

Thanks
    Hi Mike. Nice to see you helping out in that way. Out of interest, how did you get involved with that project and where is it based?

Thanks
    Hi Sawatdee,

Well a friend suggested maybe I could help out somewhere doing translation, and I thought that'd be a good idea if possible. I didn't really know how to go about it though. I was planning to go on the bus down to Phuket and just see what was happening there and if I could be of assistance in any way. However, without really knowing the situation there (if there was anywhere to stay, for instance) I was a bit hesitant about it. I sent an email to the thaitsunami.com webmaster and a couple of others first, asking if they needed any more volunteers and I didn't mind which province(s) it would mean going to. I got a reply from them a few minutes later, and then called then up and had a brief conversation, and he asked me to go and see them. As it happened, it was based in Bangkok at the Communications Authority of Thailand tower (near GPO on Chareon Krung), so it really wasn't that far to go from where I'm staying (near Victory Monument).

Everyone I met there there was a volunteer I think, but they had some very smart and hard-working people helping out - whole teams from IBM, NECTEC, SIPA etc. In total they said there had been about 1000, though I only met a fraction (50 ish) of them. I was the only non-Thai as far as I could see. Just about everyone I met has now returned to their normal jobs though, and I believe now control of the site has shifted to IBM in their offices. All in all it was a very good experience, I'm very pleased to have been able to participate.

Thread Information