PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
First time to bangkok
    Thanks
    Hi everyone,

My bf and I will be going to Bangkok in mid Jan 05. As this is our first trip there, I have done some research and narrowed down to a few places.

However, I need some help about some places.

1) Anyone knows where Suan Lum Night Bazzaar & Chinatown are located?

2) Are there any Thai names for the following places or do I just say the "English" Name to the taxi driver?

- Mah Boon Krong
    - Central World Plaza
    - Central Departmental Store
    - Suan Lum Night Bazzaar
    - Pantip Plaza
    - Jatujak Market
    - Chinatown

3) Where can I buy the Nancy Chandler's Map?

Thanks Everyone!

Thanks
    Welcome to the forums!

(1) You can catch the subway to Suan Lum Night Bazzaar. It is at Lumphini Station. If you go a bit further to Hualamphong Station you will then be a short taxi ride to Chinatown.

(2) The taxi driver should understand most of those places as written. However, you need to say which branch of Central you want.

You might also be interested in this thread:

http://www.thailandguidebook.com/cgi-bin....;t=6053

(3) In Bangkok you can buy it in all good book stores like Asia Books. People rave about this map but personally I find it messy. Just pick up a free excellent one at the airport!

Thanks
    If you are bored of the big old hotels in the centre of cities i have managed to find a sweet quaint place just a fifteen minute taxi ride away.It's called thirteen coins or "sib sarm lian" in Thai.Superb famous fresh seafood reataurant around a large pond full of fish with a charming bridge across.Only 600 baht for a little cottage like atmosphere.lovely and quiet and smog free.Great place to relax after flying in.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (croweaterjay @ Jan. 07 2005,10:26)]If you are bored of the big old hotels in the centre of cities i have managed to find a sweet quaint place just a fifteen minute taxi ride away.It's called thirteen coins or "sib sarm lian" in Thai.Superb famous fresh seafood reataurant around a large pond full of fish with a charming bridge across.Only 600 baht for a little cottage like atmosphere.lovely and quiet and smog free.Great place to relax after flying in.
    Hi croweaterjay,

Where is this place? Any pictures and how do we book this place?

Thanks
    Hi Jaz
    My beloved wife informs me that there is in fact a large chain of "13 coin" restaurants and the one we go to just happens to have the hotel attached so i will endeavour to find out which one it is.
    http://www.dininginthailand.com/13coins-concept.asp

Even if you choose to stay centrally it appears there will be a 13 coins restaurant not far away.Superb cuisine.

Thanks
    Central World Plaza is still mostly called its old name World Trade Centre or 'World Trade' as the Thais would say.

As for ChinaTown, thats known as 'Yaowarat' in Thai.

And finally 'Jatujak market' is called quite simply 'Jatujak'.
    www.thai-blogs.com - Stories and Photos about Life in Thailand
    www.bangkokscams.com
    www.thaicolumn.com

Thanks
    Do what I did, meet some Thai woman, on the internet chat, she will show you everything, you will go to so many places, you will be so confused, you won't know where you have been.

Thanks
    My Wife's friend is always on the internet looking for Mr Right but she seems to scare them away with her photo.Quite sad really as she's a lovely person.Simply refuses to consider a Thai man.

Thanks
    thanks all!!

Thanks
    I think there's nothing more exciting and enthraling than hiring a long tailed boat for the day and whizzing up and down the river seeing the sites.What a thrill and the engine looks like it came out of a bus,it is massive.

Thread Information