PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Why so many falang come to thaland?
    Thanks
    That was a good teaser, right?
    Well now I got ur attention ..... it's a great board here, many people seem to read the board.

But ...... not so many people also realy make an controbution to this board by writting or helping other people. Why?

Chang Noi (still in Bangkok)

Rochford, Essex, England, but my heart is stil in Doilo!
    Thanks

talking

Quite possibly because we come to this most excellent board seeking the help and advice that is so readilly available and willingly given, and in seeking that advice we also feel ourselves to be too inexperianced to advise others. But, the wheel will turn....
    To be happy with where you are, first be happy with who you are.

Thanks
    changnoi 1 ,I agree there are not enough people who help with learning of the language and far to many people who impose their personal views right or wrong on the forum.(they know who they are,they always like to have the last say)

Thanks
    I do not agree. If you are interested in learning the language, post any question in the proper place on this forum and your question will be answered quite rapidly by many people.

The simple fact that this board has other areas of discussion other than language, does nothing but help it. If you are offended by personal viewpoints I suggest sticking with only the Learning Thai area of the forum. However if you enjoy discussing culture, this forum (Thailand Life) is a good one. If you are planning a trip to Thailand the one at the top of the list (Thailand Guidebook) is wonderful. For general chat discussion Thai Students is a fine place.

I really think you guys are in the wrong place for simply a discussion of the language. If you would like to discuss the language alone try here : Learning Thai Forums

There is nothing on that board expressing personal opinions, it is simply language. Well said khunlungphudhu, I agree.

These forums are basically like a compilation of several avenues of discussion. There are really 5 different areas of discussion. Thailand Guidebook, Learning Thai, Thailand Life, Thai Students, and Srinai Web (for discussion and announcements from the Paknum Web Group). They are just convieniently found at the same place for those who participate in all aspects of discussion.

The amount of personal beliefs and opinions will greatly vary depending on which forum you are using. If you prefer to view only the information you want specifically you can bookmark the forum itself that you are interested in. Here are the links....

Thailand Guidebook Forum

Learning Thai Forums

Thailand Life

Thai Students Forum aka Friendship Forums

Srinai Web Forums

Hope this info helped you guys.
    Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak....and in every forum you will find at least one.

When you critisize someone, walk a mile in his shoes first; then, if he gets mad, he'll be a mile away and barefoot.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]far to many people who impose their personal views right or wrong on the forum.(they know who they are,they always like to have the last say)
    I'm not in that group because I only deal with reality. But some people on this forum have an old fashioned fantasy, about how life was in the old days, people have changed, modern international communication and media have liberated Thailand, woman are now financially independent, but some people still don't except that.

Thanks
    Quote[/b] ]...I only deal with reality.

That is just too funny Paul. Reality is a social construction and your "reality" is clearly not part of the general consensus here.

However, back to the topic of this thread, I went to Thailand the first time on holiday. I have seen images of Southeast Asia on television all my life and have worked with people from Vietnam, Thailand, and Laos. I chose to travel to Thailand because of its political stability and relatively advanced infrastructure.

I was lucky enough to meet a wonderful woman while there, and we are now married and living in Miami. Now, I travel to Thailand to visit with my family and live the good life for a couple of weeks each year. I am making plans to retire and live out the remainder of my days in the most beautiful land in the world. It is not the real estate, but the people that make Thailand such a wonderful place.
    Life is learning. If you stop learning, you might as well be dead.

Thanks
    Quote[/b] ]But ...... not so many people also realy make an controbution to this board by writting or helping other people. Why?
    Seems to me most questions on the board are answered pretty quickly in general. Is there a specific one you're referring to that you didn't get any help with ? I'd be happy to try and help, to the extent that I can anyway.

Thread Information