PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Thailand and me
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thailand and me

Thanks
    Hello,

Thanks
    Keep up the good work!

PS: It kidda made sence

Thanks
    im in a less fortunate situation in comparison to your self. Although I am also a university student and I also love some 1 in Thailand very much!....I am in my first year of studies and like your self, I want to one day live in Asia. I am a bit young to give advice but I honestly dont know what advice u want. Obviously finish your studies. During the final months of your studies start to search for jobs in Thailand? use the internet, call your girlfriend and ask if she can help you find graphic orientated work? You are very lucky that you have family in Thailand. I wish I had some famly in Thailand.

Good luck with your endeavours

Thanks
    hehe yer there are a lot of sites to find jobs in asia although a lot require certain years of experience at least a couple usually.

Thanks
    im remaining open to that offer!

Thanks
    Although cliche, I could only say that you should follow your heart.

Given that you have family in Thailand, it makes visiting an easier task. While visiting and getting to her better, you can ask further about job opportunities in Thailand. Do you know if she wishes to stay in Thailand, though?

I am in the same situation as you, except I am female and in the U.S. Met someone in Thailand and have fallen for the country as well. Western society is full of cynicism and disenchantment in comparison.

Like process suggested, finish your studies. From thereon, do as your heart tells you. I would take things one day at a time and make plans from there. Best of luck!

Thanks
    Hi Gen Soulfly

I was asked a few months ago in a forum here about what are the chances of getting a job in Graphic design here in Thailand. I answered 'extremely difficult' unless you are sent over by a foreign to work for them. But that person will have to be very experienced.

Legally speaking, you wont get hired in Thailand as your skill is one that a lot of Thais have. Its a govt policy to only hire, here in Thailand, foreigners with a skill of which a Thai doesnt have.
    Should you, after graduation, wish to stay here for a while i would recommend teaching as your best bet. Nowadays there are lots of diff teaching jobs besides just English. Like yourself a friend of mine graduated in Graphic Design and is now teaching art! at a bi-lingual school. Or look at Richard, the webmaster he teaches com.

If you or anyone else would like some more info then send me a mail.
    www.thai-blogs.com - Stories and Photos about Life in Thailand
    www.bangkokscams.com
    www.thaicolumn.com

Thanks

Thanks
    Hi Gen Soulfly

Im sorry and must admit that you 'got me' on that one about 'freelancing' in Graphic Design.
    If it were possible, you wouldnt be able to get a legit work permit but its ok getting away doing some kinda business on a Non-Imm 'B' type. However these can only be issued no more than two or three times in a row. A lot of people here do work on 'i dont know what visas' and never have any bother.
    Just hassle though having to go in and out of the country all the time and having to watch 'behind your back'.
    But the next time im in Bkk ill ask a couple of friends of mine who would know more than me about Graphic Design etc...

Certainly, the authorities will happily let you establish your own co. but according to the Law a caucasian needs 2 million baht in capital before he starts, thats quite a lot, about 27,000 pounds.

Steve
    www.thai-blogs.com - Stories and Photos about Life in Thailand
    www.bangkokscams.com
    www.thaicolumn.com

Thanks

Thread Information