PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Pre-paid card in Thailand
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Pre-paid card in Thailand

Hi! I will be going to Thailand for a month and I need to get a pre-paid phone card. Can anyone recommend me the best network provider? I will basically make calls to handphone and northern part of Thailand only. Is 1-2-call, Orange or Dtac better in terms of reception? Thanks!
    ดาวตอบบ่อยๆ ฟ้าไม่ตอบ

Thanks
    I always use 1 2 call. Its cheap, reliable, and I believe that it is one of the cheapest ways to call home to the uk (but I dont know the current rate) Only problem is that account expires if you dont top up calls within a certain period, so I have to buy a new card each time I go to Thailand. Have a good time in Thailand. I will be there next month also
    ความพยายามอยู่ที่ไหน ความสำเร็จอยู่ที่นั่น

Thanks
    Do you have to buy a handphone from Thailand? How's the price like? Can I use Nokia 3310 from Singapore? How much is per card and what's the rate per minute? Haha.. am I asking too much? Thanks!
    ดาวตอบบ่อยๆ ฟ้าไม่ตอบ

Thanks
    Don't buy Orange....the other providers are OK.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (amateurlim @ Feb. 20 2005,18:43)]Do you have to buy a handphone from Thailand? How's the price like? Can I use Nokia 3310 from Singapore? How much is per card and what's the rate per minute? Haha.. am I asking too much? Thanks!
    Hi amateurlim,

I believe N3310 is fine. For my case, the prepaid card works well with my N8210.

I personally uses DTAC (Happy Dprompt). As i can remember correctly the top up card varies from 100, 300, 500 Baht. I had tried calling from Thailand to Singapore using the IDD 009. It is crystal clear. I personally find it worth using.

Thanks
    AIS (1-2-Call) is best for reception, though DTAC isn't far behind nowadays. Orange is cheapest, but reception is the most dodgy in remoter areas. I'd give it a miss and go with 1-2-Call if reception is your priority

Thanks
    Can anyone tell me the rate? Like how many bahts a minute? I tried to look up the web pages for the rate, but apparently my thai is not up to that standard yet. Can anyone help and tell me the rate? I heard from my friend that it is 1 baht per minute for dtac? True?
    ดาวตอบบ่อยๆ ฟ้าไม่ตอบ

Thanks

Re: Pre-paid card in thailand

Hello there
    I would be grateful if any one tells me where to buy 1-2 sim card.
    Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

There are about hundreds of small shops scattered around every city in the country. Try the shopping malls and hypermarkets like Big C, Tesco Lotus and Carrefour. MBK in Bangkok has a thousand mobile phone shops alone!

Tourists can get these pre-paid cards. However, if you want to buy a sim card and pay monthly, you must show your passport and work permit.

Thanks

When I was in Thailand this we got a 1-2 card at the airport. There were at least two shops there. May be a little cheaper elsewhere, but it's not particularly expensive. For top ups we usually went to 7-11.
    ไมค์

Thread Information