PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Values and beliefs
    Thanks
    Hello

I am doing research for a school project and I am looking for information on Thailand beliefs, values, business customs and protocols. Also how does the culture influence the professional and organizational environments and also how relationships are developed within Thailand.

If anyone could help me out that would be great!!!Please and thank you

Thanks
    This site should help with some of that. If you have any specific questions about Thai culture, just post again and someone will help out. http://www.thailandlife.com

Thanks
    Have a look at http://www.thaiworldview.com/ too , which is a very good site.

Thanks
    I just checked out the above site; it has an excellent collection of basic Thai customs, beliefs, values, society etc. - just what you were looking for! I especially like how the writers contrast traditional and modern values on many aspects of social life.

However, there are few other things the site covers in-depth, such as the seedier side of Thailand. Info on the site is a bit more slanted towards Isaan life and the Northeastern culture. The writer's use of English is a bit strange at times. As I understand, the site is the product of Thai-French collaboration, so that's okay, I guess.

During the hour or so that I spent on the website, I discovered a few inaccuracies. For instance, the writers accuse Vietnam-war era GIs for the "materialization and flourishment" of Thai prostitution, when in reality the trade existed and was widely practiced a long before Thailand became an R&R destination - the GIs just gave it a boost.

Another terribly misleading part is this quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]In 2001 a study of 80 Thai men led by a Thai hospital revealed that at least 25% of Thai men are polygamous [...] The study concluded one in every four married men in Thailand, mostly businessmen, has a minor wife or wives.
    - meaning that 20 men out of the questioned 80 are polygamous. Is that enough to declare that 25% of Thai men are polygamous? Things like this should indicate that you should treat info on that site with some caution.

There were a few other bits of misinformation, only apparent to those living in the country. Despite these, I think the site is still an excellent one-stop source for info about Thailand - but Thailandlife is better, IMO.

Thanks
    Seeker,

I am the owner and webmaster of ThaiWorldView web site and I would like to react to your thread.

First thanks for your comments. I take them into account.

I replace 'boom' by 'boost' for Vietnam-war era GIs and update the text about Thai men polygamy.

You mention few other bits of misinformation. Please detail in order that I can check and update if necessary.

Thanks.

ThaiWorld

Thanks
    Wow, thanks so much everyone, this should help out alot!!

Now I just have to stop searching the net and get to work hehe!!

Thanks again everyone!! Have a great day!!!

Thanks
    Hello ThaiWorld
    I'll have to admit I haven't read your whole site yet.....
    it seems that every time that I visit it I keep going back to the
    beautiful photo albums
    Welcome here....hope you'll visit and post often.

Thanks
    Thanks Jake.

All comments are welcome as I like to give accurate informations.

I will try to come more often but my photo hobby takes me a lot of my spare time. Hope you like the recent pictures I added in the Thailand gallery.

Cheers

ThaiWorld

Thread Information