Thread: Songkran days

Thanks
    Would someone please advice me if I can carry out my trip to Bangkok on 15/4 to 18/4? I understand on the 13/4 to 15/4, it is the Songkran Days.

I understand that shops are close on the songkran days. Does this affect on 15/4 to 18/4, are all the shops still close. I also would like to check out since it is a weekend, is chatuchak, the weekend market open during this period.

It will be please if anyone out there can provide me with the right information of the operation of the shops in bangokok during that period.

Thanks

Thanks
    Shopping malls and big shops are all open as normal during Songkran. Little family run shops will probably be closed 13-15 April at least as they are public holidays. Most would then re-open on 16th. You would probably find the majority of shops open at the Weekend Market on the 17th.

Thanks
    Thanks. I will have an enjoyable trip.

Thanks
    unlike u, i'll go back s'pore during Song Kran..
    I was informed that most Thai will go back to their home in other provinces during this period so probably some shops in chachuchart might not open...... major shopping malls shouldn't be affected though....
    Try taking time off to go Kao Sarn Rd and enjoy their Song Kran festival.
    cheers
    Paknam Web Network:​ Thai Travel News and Online Guidebooks

Bangkok Daytrips: Weekend drives and daytrips around Bangkok
    Thailand Guidebook: A free online guide to all 76 provinces in Thailand
    Thailand Blogs: Daily articles and photos about Thai travel, culture, food, religion and much more.

Thanks
    HOW many day do song kran last for?

Thanks
    is song kran day fun???

Thanks
    i think official dates is from 13 till 15 but celebration extend untill 16... or 18 (pattaya?)...
    Song Kran is also known as "water splashing festival" to us from Singapore. It is New Year of Thailand. Thai will splash water on each other.. sometimes for fun, they add in white powder too... imagine everyone in Thailand splashing water at each other...
    i guess it should be fun...

Thailand Blogs: Daily articles and photos about Thai travel, culture, food, religion and much more.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (BUCKY @ Mar. 16 2005,22:15)]i think official dates is from 13 till 15 but celebration extend untill 16... or 18 (pattaya?)...
    Song Kran is also known as "water splashing festival" to us from Singapore. It is New Year of Thailand. Thai will splash water on each other.. sometimes for fun, they add in white powder too... imagine everyone in Thailand splashing water at each other...
    i guess it should be fun...
    Can visit Golden Mile Complex to celebrate Songkran in Singapore.
    Life is short, cherish all you have and live everyday of your life the best you can. :)

Thanks
    Quek,
    I guess u can.. do u do that? I think i'll stay home and spend time with my family for being away so long.. he he..

cheers..

BTW, for people who's not aware.. Golden Mile Complex is also known as "Little Thailand" in Singapore... Its a mall where u can find travel agencies, supermarket, some Thai pubs, some Thai eateries,etc.. lotsa Thai like to hang out there....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (BUCKY @ Mar. 16 2005,22:35)]Quek,
    I guess u can.. do u do that? I think i'll stay home and spend time with my family for being away so long.. he he..

cheers..

BTW, for people who's not aware.. Golden Mile Complex is also known as "Little Thailand" in Singapore... Its a mall where u can find travel agencies, supermarket, some Thai pubs, some Thai eateries,etc.. lotsa Thai like to hang out there....
    Will visit there if I have time.

The supermarket there used to be Odean. But now it is called "Peun Thai Supermarket". We still can see the Odean logo at the side of the building.

I also noticed there are numerous Thai minimarts in Sg. , with the signboard called "Peun Thai".

Life is short, cherish all you have and live everyday of your life the best you can. :)

Thread Information