PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Problems of thailand.
    Thanks
    Wanna know what my country's problems are?

We have many.

Falang Asiaphila & The Sex Industry

A big, major one is the Sex Industry. Falangs use up desperate Thai women like nothing. Asiaphilia (Orientalism) is running wild all throughout my country and its very upsetting. I dont mind foreigners of any color falling in love with Thai women, not at all....but is the love real? is it genuine or is it based of some stereotype about Thai women being easy whores..or off of things like "A Thai woman will hop on you and be all yours if your a falang and White"

I really wish the Sex Industry would stop in my homeland. It destroys the fabric of Thai culture/people and what we really are.

Next problem...

The media and promotion of light skin.

This is just as bad as the one above. Thailand has one of the biggest whitening cream industries in the world. Its a shame. Many Thais are naturally dark/brown etc but now its almost become a curse if you have dark/brown skin. My people aren't even happy with their looks,so they have to whiten themselves to feel good. A lot of our ancestors had VERY DARK skin which is why I don't get this. Why do we have this sort of stigma that dark/brown/tan skin = bad? Ehhh..

Next..

Being arrogant & rude towards Khmer & Lao

Thai, Khmer, & Lao practically share the same history, wheather you like it or not. Why treat them like animals? Why see them as lower class human beings? They aren't. We are no better than them. Don't listen to what your history book says in school. Its bias. At one point Khmer ruled over us. Period. If you honestly wanna learn more, you should read up on the internet. I'm not going into it.

Thai men & Thai women
    We are our biggest problem. We let falangs divide us and we fail to understand each other. Our naive women become even more stupid while our men don't focus and take the time to understand. Even our own King is an ##CENSORED##. Along with his family.

Thanks
    Whoa there...

I agreed with a few points in the beginning, but that last sentence makes the whole post unacceptable. In case you didn't know, the Royal family is essential to the unity and independece of the Kingdom, as it was in the past. His Majesty the King of Thailand is highly revered, and lese majeste is one of the gravest insults, thus entirely untolerable on any respectable discussion forum.

I urge you to revise that statement, otherwise this post will be deleted for sure!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Seeker @ Mar. 25 2005,17:25)]Whoa there...

I agreed with a few points in the beginning, but that last sentence makes the whole post unacceptable. In case you didn't know, the Royal family is essential to the unity and independece of the Kingdom, as it was in the past. His Majesty the King of Thailand is highly revered, and lese majeste is one of the gravest insults, thus entirely untolerable on any respectable discussion forum.

I urge you to revise that statement, otherwise this post will be deleted for sure!
    I agree with you Seeker ! Some quite valid points to start with, but finishing off with those statements about the Royal Family are totally uncalled for. I would also suggest, as Seeker did, to revise/edit that post!

Thanks
    WOW .... i'm speechless....
    1 question. Are you Thai or some dumbass foreigner pretending to be 1?
    Paknam Web Network:​ Thai Travel News and Online Guidebooks

Bangkok Daytrips: Weekend drives and daytrips around Bangkok
    Thailand Guidebook: A free online guide to all 76 provinces in Thailand
    Thailand Blogs: Daily articles and photos about Thai travel, culture, food, religion and much more.

Thanks
    Yes I agree with your points on the sex industry. I think publicity about the sex industry is over exaggerated, and gives people internationally an image that it is much bigger than what it is, The reality is Thailand has a lot to offer and the majority of tourists do not go there for the sex industry.
    About your views on the King, I disagree with you, personally I have a lot of respect for the King, but I think no one should beyond criticism, and respect your opinion, although I strongly disagree with you derogative comments.
    I personally met the Crown Prince of Thailand in 2002 and found him to be an extremely personable guy and can only have good comments to say about the entire royal family.

Rochford, Essex, England, but my heart is stil in Doilo!
    Thanks
    Thaiblood,I agree with you that there are many things wrong with Thailand, just as there are more things wrong with the rest of the world, but carrying acid in your heart will cure none of it.???
    To be happy with where you are, first be happy with who you are.

Thanks
    Thaiblood?? My Country?? I don't even have a heart to read all your post properly ... not in a million years that a Thai person will say or type that last sentence !!! (apart from that, I notice that Thai usually used the word 'Farang' with 'R' not with 'L&#39
    TK

Thanks
    Quote[/b] ]We let falangs divide us and we fail to understand each other. Our naive women become even more stupid while our men don't focus and take the time to understand.
    I&#39;m afd that this problem <though you said it&#39;s the country&#39; problems> may be your own personal problem. Is anything ok with your gf? Pls don&#39;t get me wrong i&#39;m just curious.

Quote[/b] ]Even our own King is an ##CENSORD##. Along with his family.
    I wonder that you still can call yourself that you are thai?? Whaooo&#33;&#33; I guess not.

Quote[/b] ]Our naive women
    OUR?? You&#39;d better use the word just "MY".

Thanks
    Quote[/b] (ThaiBlood @ Mar. 25 2005,09:57)]Even our own King is an ##CENSORED##. Along with his family.
    If you are really Thai, then you know you have just committed lese majeste. It doesn&#39;t matter where you are in the world. As soon as you step back on Thai earth you would be arrested. That kind of remark against the royal family will not be tolerated on these forums.

Thread Information