PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Pics from my thailand
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

talking

vacation

its my first time back since 1985, 20yrs ago. thailand has changed so much. i miss it. going back again later this year.

anyone what to yahoo chat?

Thanks
    When I did my first none stop over trip to Thailand in 2002, I took 147 photo's in 14 day's using a small 35mm camera, I must admit, I took a great variety of photo's all different and of good quality, all of them telling me a story about my trip.
    Now I look at the thesuperstar's photo's, well he has taken 782 photo's, this shows me he has used a digital camera, as when you use a digital camera you keep taking photo's none stop, some photo's get very repetitive, and not all are quality.
    I enjoyed looking at these photo's, compared with my photo's it is a 3 1\2 hour movie that has been dragged out, but I also enjoy my own 147 photo's as it makes a long story short, strait to the point and concentrated. I have scanned all my Thai photo's so I can see them as a slide show.
    Well I think it's about time I bort my self a digital still camera, so I can become repetitive to, the Technology still is not quite up to scratch with the quality of 35 mm, but I think I will be waiting for ever till 20 mega pixel still cameras come out.

Thanks
    35mm is from the dark ages. With digital, you can view pictures you have taken and delete the ones you don't want. With 35mm, you have to wait until they are at the developer to see what you have. You also don't have to carry a dozen rolls of film around with you. Also, digital photos are easily uploaded to your computer. From your computer, you can print the ones you want without having to pay to print the whole roll. You can also email photos to friends or relatives, or upload them to a web page. There is really no strong argument for using 35mm in this day and age.

I think the photos posted here are excellent. Not only does it show that thesuperstar enjoyed the temples, but he also interacted with local Thais at the most basic level of the family. All-in-all, I would say it looks like he had a wonderful time. I guess that's why he is going back there so soon

p.s. For me, it's twelve days and a wakeup
    Life is learning. If you stop learning, you might as well be dead.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]There is really no strong argument for using 35mm in this day and age.
    I may note you can order your 35 mm prints on CD if you want to use then for email.
    There is one major problem with Digital, even an 8 mega pixel camera does not match the resolution of good quality 35 mm film. other points up to this year, the lag between pressing the camera trigger and the actual camera taking the photo was unexceptable to me, also the picture noise in low light conditions has also improved in the last 12 months,there has been recent improvements in the technology, like longer battery life when using the screen, my friends used to hate there cameras going flat after 50 minutes of use, and having a spare battery costing $110 that only has a rechargeable life expectancy of 3 years.
    With the recent technology improvements, digital has advantages to film in the majority of cases, specially in the cost saving over buying film, but I think it will be about 3 years off, before the digital camera can out match 35 mm film in every way, specially in the area of picture quality, as you still see wedding photographers prefer 35mm film over digital, when these improvements come in and these good quality digital cameras become affordable, film will become obsolete in personal every day cameras.
    I will be buying my first digital camera this year, because of the recent improvements, but I will still be using my Voitlander 35mm camera as well till the proper digital quality becomes available.

Thanks
    Dear Superstar,

Thanks for sharing your nice pictures with us. You had a good time!!
    Never hit someone below the belt; for you are not the creator.

Thanks
    Khun Superstar,
    Khop khun kha. Terrific pictures!

Thanks
    Quote[/b] (paul_au @ April 15 2005,21:55)]
    Great photos Superstar!

Quote[/b] ]
    Quote[/b] ]There is really no strong argument for using 35mm in this day and age.
    There is one major problem with Digital, even an 8 mega pixel camera does not match the resolution of good quality 35 mm film. other points up to this year, the lag between pressing the camera trigger and the actual camera taking the photo was unexceptable to me, also the picture noise in low light conditions has also improved in the last 12 months,there has been recent improvements in the technology, like longer battery life when using the screen, my friends used to hate there cameras going flat after 50 minutes of use, and having a spare battery costing $110 that only has a rechargeable life expectancy of 3 years.
    Thats not all true... depends on he camera

Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 638 Posts
    Nice pics superstar

Here is a link to some photos of my last trip, the ones of Krabi were taken a couple of days before the Tsunami hit, I luckily left to meet my brother on Koh Samui for Christmas Day. Will be returning in 7 weeks

Thanks
    thanks to you all. except "paul_au", he didnt like my pictures. by the way "paul_au" some of the pictures were action shots, thats why they seem "dragged out" as you said.

anyways, if anyone wants to exchange links on their website, that would be great.

Thanks

Re: Pics from my thailand

Thread Information