PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Ubon Ratchathani - tips
    Thanks

Ubon Ratchathani - tips

Hello all from a newbie

I have decided to travel over to Isaan for my very first time. I have been north & south, but not really sure what to expect in the north/east. Anyway, thats what makes travelling so exciting.
    To my question, I am a little confused as to the location I should be staying. The addresses and Hotel locations on the maps mean little as I have never been there.
    Can anyone familiar to Ubon recommend a good location to stay? When I say good location..I mean walking distance to shopping, markets, food etc (if possible). If there is a good local pub close by that would be good also But I think they would be rare right?
    Couple of places I have looked at so far are Tohsang Hotel, Grand Nevada and Laithong Hotel. The river area looks ok, but again, Im not sure if there is anything to do around that area.

Any insight would be much appreciated

Khop khun mak kub
    Yok

Thanks
    Hi Yok,
    I went to Ubon last January. I stayed at Grand Nevada. The hotel was very nice and service was excelent. The hotel has a good size pool where you can cool down & look out for a small hill(Thai mountain). If you plan to travel around town you may have to ask the for more information at the front desk. I have friend who knows the area so I did not have to deal with unknown situation. It is a nice town to visit. Enjoy!

Thanks
    Thanks Sabai Nevada is looking good, although so is Ubon Togsang as it is closer to town. I guess it is only for a few days so I'll be ok wherever I go.

Cheers

Thanks
    Ive enjoyed taking the Korat, Buriram, Siseket, Surin, Ubon roiute for a long time.

In Ubon town there are a variety of hotels scattered around the market area down by the river and ive found not much difference in the budget hotels priced at around 350-500 night.

Get up to 'Klong Jiam' which is on the confluence of the Moon and Maekhong rivers (Mae Nam Song See). Some great cheapo budget guesthouses up at the top of the hill. Great views of the rivers and you can look over Cambodia and Laos and the same time.

Ubon is one of me fave destinations in Thailand.
    www.thai-blogs.com - Stories and Photos about Life in Thailand
    www.bangkokscams.com
    www.thaicolumn.com

Thanks
    That sounds great...unfortuntley I can't really find any websites that have a booking service for these types of places. Just the main 3 or 4 hotels...Nevada, Tohsang Ubon, Laithong & Pathumrat. Im one of these people that likes to have everything booked before I leave...but I could probably find something if I walk around and look for something when I arrive. It would be just my luck to find everything is booked!

Thanks
    Hi Yok:

I just checked out a Thai language website on accommodation in Ubon. I managed to find you this:

Nevada Grand Hotel tel: 045-283 424 (1,000-1,200 per night)

Nevada Inn tel: 045-313351-8 (650-1,000 per night)

Pathumrat Hotel tel: 045-241501, or Bangkok Office number: 02-254-6501 (550-2,500 per night)

Hope that was of assistance.

Steve
    www.thai-blogs.com - Stories and Photos about Life in Thailand
    www.bangkokscams.com
    www.thaicolumn.com

Thread Information