PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Udon Thani
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Udon Thani

Som Guest

talking Udon Thani

Hi everyone, My inlaw are from Udon Thani and I was wanting to know if anyone knows anything about this province? What is the main attraction there? Parks? Mountains? etc. I heard something about Udon Thani being used mainly for military?

Does anybody know anyone who lives there? I was just curious...

Thanks
    I'm also very interested in this "Udon Thani" place. What is it like? Can anyone in the forum post a description of the place? Also where exactly in Thailand is it? Is it near Pattaya or Bangkok?

question

Hi everyone. I'm surprised no one has replied to my earlier post. I'm anxious to know if anyone knows anything about Udon Thani. please reply if you know anything about this province.

Thanks
    I haven't been there yet - only travelled through to Nong Khai. It is in the north-east of Thailand.

Udon Thani is a northeastern province covering an area of 15,589 square kilometres. The provincial capital is 562 kilometres northeast of Bangkok. Udon Thani is probably best known for its archaeological wonders, paramount among them the hamlet of theBan Chiang where the world's first Bronze Age civilisation is believed to have flourished more than 5,000 years ago.

Prachak Silpakhom Lake
    Known locally as Nong Prachak, this vast stretch of water is named after the founder of Udon Thani, and is decorated with colourful flowerring plants that lend the area much of its pleasant atmosphere.
    Huai Luang Reservoir
    This scenic spot, 25 kilometres from the provincial capital along the Udon Thani-Nong Bua Lam Phu route unit km. 15, and a further 10 kilometres by road, is ideal for fishing, rafting and cruising .

Na Yoong Nam Som Forest Park
    Located some 100 kilometres northwest of the provincial capital, beyond Phu Phar Bat Historical Park, in Amphoe Nam Som, this park is best known for the 40-metre high Yung Thong Waterfall which cascades down a steep cliff in verdant surrounding from the Phu-Pan and Phu Ya U ridges.

Ban Chiang National Museum
    Located some 56 kilometres east of the provincial capital along Highway No. 22 (until Km. 50 and then along Highway No. 2225), this museum is currently open to the general public every day. Ancient artifacts, including tools, utensils, pottery and jewellery, between 4000 and 7000 years old, were unearthed in the immedite vicinity. the distinctive pottery, with its fingerprint whorl decorations, is belived to be the world's oldest decorative earthenware. Nearby burial pit, left as they were after excavation, in the compound of Wat Po Si Nai, show how valuables, including earthenwere pots, were buried with the dead. Evidence of primitive bronze casting technology was discovered in the aera, and in 1992 Ban Chiang was decalred a World Heritage site by UNESCO.
    Phra Buddha Bat Bua Bok
    This stupa, local point of of the historical park, and probably constructed during the 1920s, shelters a Buddha footprint (Phra Buddha Bat in Thai), not far from the shrine many interesing caves and rock formation. The cave are belived to have been the homes of Stone Age human being who left 3,000-year-old rock paintings of hands, human, animals and geometric designs.

Prince Prachak Silpakhom Statue
    This monument in the heart of the city commemorates the military governor who founded Udon Thani in 1894 as part of what was then referred 'The Northeast Province'.

Pu-ya Shrine
    As the chinese God and Goddess of Mercy, Pu-yu Shrine revered by poor people and those encountering personal problems, believing they will be grandted favours they seek, Two lakeside is located near the railway on the east of the provincial capital. Out-of-city Attraction

Wat Pa Ban Tad
    This forest monastery is located 16 kilometres south of the provincial capital via highway No. 2 towards khon kaen for 7 kilometres and a rigth trun at the Ban Dong Khen crossroads for a further 9 kilometres. the complex is situated on a densely wooded hilly area surrounded by rice paddise. the monastery precincts are defined by a concrete wall which prevent easy encroachment by abundant forest wildlife. The monastery is ideal for meditation and contemplation. The monastery is under the strict guidance of a disciple of Phra Acharn Man Phurithatto, a widely respected northeastern Buddhist ecclesiastic.

Phu Phra Bat Historical Park
    Located some 68 kilometers northwest of the provincial capital, in Amphoe Ban Phu, via Highway no. 2021 and 2348, this extensive area lies at the Phu-Pan mountain range and contains caves, natural rock formations, rock terraces and has an 'other-worldly' atmosphere that hints at ancient civilisations.
    Support the forum and chat rooms and buy computer software and books for learning Thai at www.BuyThaiBooks.com

Thanks
    Thank you so much for the information.

Thanks

happy

Cool, prehaps i will visit Udon Thani some day.
    Live your Life to the Fullest.
    The Lonely Boxer.

Wanna

http://funimg.pchome.com.tw/img_uplo...044_104615.gif

thumbs up

[B]hope to visit udon thani in june with my thai girlfriend and maybe visit some of the interesting places

kennyy Guest
    Hi I am kenny. This is a very nice site to start learning Thai. The great is have sound file attach. This will ensure we got the correct sound.

Som Guest

thumbs up

Nattawud, Thanks for the info. on Udon Thani!! I am taking a trip with my husband to visit his family there. I know a little of what to expect upon arriving!

Som Guest

thumbs up

Nattawud, Thanks for the info. on Udon Thani!! I am taking a trip with my husband to visit his family there. I know a little of what to expect upon arriving!

P.S. Great job on this site!!

Thread Information