PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Muang Ake

Thread: Muang Ake

question Muang Ake

Hi everyone. I am from the US, and I will be studying in Thailand next spring. I will be going to Rangsit University which is located in Muang Ake. I was hoping someone could tell me a little about this area. All I can find about it when I search the internet is golf courses. There's got to be more to it than that. If you know of anything, could you tell me?
    Also, does anyone know how far is it from the actual city? How easy is it to get into the city from there?
    thank you!

Thanks
    Muang Ake is located in Nonthaburi very close to Bangkok's international airport, Don Muang. It's about 25 km from downtown Bangkok and there are several buses as well as trains going to down town. Nearest train station is either Don Muang or Laksi. The only problem is that this may take some time as Bangkok is notorious for its traffic problems. However if you take a bus or taxi going the expressway, you should find yourself in Bangkok in about 30-60 minutes.

Thanks
    Thank you, that is very helpful.
    So what are Muang Ake and Nonthanburi? Are they cities/ neighborhoods? What is in them, and what are they like? Any information you have would be very helpful.
    thanks!

Thanks
    What is known as greater Bangkok is now Bangkok itself, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Samut Songkram, Nonthaburi and Nakhon Pathom. These are more or less what greater London or New York and neighbouring areas are. This means that you can't really tell where one ends and the next one starts. Muang Ake is one housing estate in Nonthaburi, which is, as I stated before, not too far from the international airport of Bangkok, Don Muang.
    What is in Nonthaburi? I think the most famous thing there is Pak Kret area and Ko Kret there in particular, otherwise it's one of the 76 provinces of Thailand. There are links to this in other areas of this site, I think. But to make it short, Ko Kret is inhabited by Mon people who are different from the Thais. Not that much nowadays, but they do have a long and interesting history in this part of South-East Asia.
    Where you will be, is very close to Ayuthaya, which is the ancient capital of Siam or Thailand and should not be missed if you want to know the history of this area.
    There are people who come to this country only for shopping and discos or for some more sleazy things, but not that many who actually want to know what the history of the area is. I think, if you come here to study, learn about the history, culture and langueage and you'll never regret this in your later years. All the best
    BG

Thread Information