PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Freedom of speech
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Right... I just got my first private message off these boards expecting it to be from one of you good people, asking me my favorite thai food or something quirky like that, and I get some #### about 'being warned' for abusive language...

###? I said something along the lines of '#####' which to me is not abusive language, but just a way of expressing myself. I thought the guy was a total ####, who's getting ##### over by his thai girlfriend pretending things are ok and expressed my point of view. If anything this forum should ban stupid people and stupid comments, then other people won't need to tell people to grow some #### and be a man... Swedish Jonny, kick this girl into touch....

I'm all up for being nice and friendly, but when people make these whiny posts about how surprised they were that a thai girl could ever want something else but their hearts and souls, then I'm not gonna try and console a perfect stranger over the internet. I really think you owe me a big apology and should realise that constricting people's language is not a cool thing to do. Swearing conveys a message that ordinary language can't do. I will accept this apology in an email, and then we can all get on with our lives and get back to having some fun times on these boards...

Cheers,
    Mr Sam

Thanks
    What is more likely is that you will be banned from these forums for not heeding the polite warning you received. This website is sponsored by a school and many young and impressionable visitors frequent. If you want freedom of speech, you need to remain in parts of the world that value it over consideration and polite behavior. If you think this is something, you should try posting to a Singaporean website
    Life is learning. If you stop learning, you might as well be dead.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (mr sam @ Aug. 03 2005,02:57)]I really think you owe me a big apology and should realise that constricting people's language is not a cool thing to do. Swearing conveys a message that ordinary language can't do. I will accept this apology in an email.
    You were asked not to swear on the forums but you decided that your very next post contained yet more swear words. What does that tell us about your character? If you cannot respect our rules then I kindly ask you to no longer post on our forums.

Thanks
    Mr Sam- when in Rome do as the Romans do. Relax and have fun here. Freedom of speech is fine but foul language is a bore.
    "It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little." Sydney Smith

May all beings be happy, may all beings have peace.

Rochford, Essex, England, but my heart is stil in Doilo!
    Thanks
    It is also a good sign of illiteracy!
    To be happy with where you are, first be happy with who you are.

Thanks
    Quote[/b] (visionchaser45 @ Aug. 03 2005,07:00)]If you think this is something, you should try posting to a Singaporean website
    hehehe right on.. s'proeans don't mind swearings at all... u swear at us, we swear back at u.. at the same time we send regards to your family memebers as well... haha

jus joking.. i'm not like this though..
    Paknam Web Network:​ Thai Travel News and Online Guidebooks

Bangkok Daytrips: Weekend drives and daytrips around Bangkok
    Thailand Guidebook: A free online guide to all 76 provinces in Thailand
    Thailand Blogs: Daily articles and photos about Thai travel, culture, food, religion and much more.

Thanks
    What does this say about my charecter?!!! Just how arrogant are you? Your saying because I express myself in a way that breaks no laws and is neither abusive nor uneccesary, this questions my charecter? You are the lowest of the low. Rather protecting the integrity of your website (which is jeapordised when you restrict peoples speech) you are choosing to force people to not swear in an effort to keep things 'nice' as your sponsored by a school. I think its a diservice to the school by not allowing freedom of speech, and it makes them look bad to outsiders who like myself, now believe that this school are supporting a facist message board.

It is ironic that the post beneath this one is called 'the importance of face' something which a large majority of website users agreed promoted apathy and allows authority to go unchallenged. I'm not gonna tread on anyones toes, and offend anyones culture or beliefs, and swearing does none of these things.

I've not sworn once, but I wonder if my warning level will go up now...

Thanks
    Quote[/b] ]but when people make these whiny posts about how surprised they were that a thai girl could ever want something else but their hearts and souls,
    Yes Thai girls are basically after money, That's why I always have problem with them, when I insisting on going DUTCH on a date, but as every one knows, every Thai girl that has gone out with me has paid there own way as I don't except being discriminated against because I'm a man.

Well you have reached my record of having 2 yellow squares, well that was 2 years ago, only I reached that gold with out a single swear word, as swearing is beneath my dignity, but I have very unusual and controversial opinions as I believe in equal rights not just for blacks and woman but for men as well and since men have been discriminated more than any other group by government laws, there have been some post of mine that have been deleted, as this forum is run by a primary school, they some times want to hide the truth but I except my censorship with dignity and I don't swear. Now when the Thai government gets rid of conscription, I may listen to what they have to say, so at the moment I am censoring what they are saying, by my media company, so it works both ways,
    Any way the leaders of this forum, deleted my 2 yellow squares when, they realized, the valuable content I write.
    Now I sagest you stop swearing, as any one who swears basically lacks self confidence. To express your self selves in a dignified manner, influences many more people.

Thanks
    Mr. Sam, at the minimum, consider this - would you discuss cooking recipes (unless its about alien recipes) in a site aimed at discussing UFOs? Or vice versa. So, if you feel you need to express yourself in a certain manner you can always find such space on the net. No? While here you can choose to respect the fact that this a site run by a school.
    Never hit someone below the belt; for you are not the creator.

Thanks
    Quote[/b] (paul_au @ Aug. 03 2005,20:35)]
    Quote[/b] ]but when people make these whiny posts about how surprised they were that a thai girl could ever want something else but their hearts and souls,
    Yes Thai girls are basically after money, That's why I always have problem with them, when I insisting on going DUTCH on a date, but as every one knows, every Thai girl that has gone out with me has paid there own way as I don't except being discriminated against because I'm a man.

Well you have reached my record of having 2 yellow squares, well that was 2 years ago, only I reached that gold with out a single swear word, as swearing is beneath my dignity, but I have very unusual and controversial opinions as I believe in equal rights not just for blacks and woman but for men as well and since men have been discriminated more than any other group by government laws, there have been some post of mine that have been deleted, as this forum is run by a primary school, they some times want to hide the truth but I except my censorship with dignity and I don't swear. Now when the Thai government gets rid of conscription, I may listen to what they have to say, so at the moment I am censoring what they are saying, by my media company, so it works both ways,
    Any way the leaders of this forum, deleted my 2 yellow squares when, they realized, the valuable content I write.
    Now I sagest you stop swearing, as any one who swears basically lacks self confidence. To express your self selves in a dignified manner, influences many more people.
    I suggest you drop this facade, where you claim to be a multi-millionaire businessman, yet lack the necessary skills to spell 'back woods' backwards and 'sagest' suggest... If swearing lacks dignity, shows the person to be lacking self-confidence and doesn't make a good impression on people then what does lying about your life suggest?

Thread Information