PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Buying cds / dvds in bangkok
    Thanks

so happy!

i am from australia and will be visiting thailand in the next three weeks and was hoping to extend my dvd and cd collection and was wondering if anyone can tell me :
    1. the best places to buy from
    2. on an avarage how much each usually cost

Thanks
    You would have to try very hard to not find cd and dvd copies. http://www.thailandguidebook.com/ lists popular shopping locations. I don't think you will have a hrd time finding what you are looking for.

Price will depend on the vendor and what you buying, but CD's and VCD's will be anywhere 30-200 baht.

Thanks
    MBK in the Siam Square area, Panthip Plaza which is not too far away and night markets like Patpong. Goto MBK as there are several good shops there. Both real and pirate Cds.

Thanks
    My advice,don buy pirated vcd/dvd.on roadside vendor.Bring back,found that the picture blurr,sometime freeze(hang).Original cost abit more but still cheaper than you brought it back home.
    Natthi Santiparam Sukham

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (moppet61 @ Aug. 09 2005,14:30)] My advice,don buy pirated vcd/dvd.on roadside vendor.Bring back,found that the picture blurr,sometime freeze(hang).Original cost abit more but still cheaper than you brought it back home.
    I've been told I'm not allowed to buy anymore CD's over here haha. Since I arrived I've amassed at least 20 plus numerous pirate DVD's.
    I wouldn't go for the pirate DVD's you feel like such a criminal doing it, not only because it's illegal but because they make you wait and look shifty and dissapear for about ten minutes and then pass it to you like in a drug deal. But out of the DVD's I've bought only one (The Island) has been bad quality and the most I've paid is about 100 baht.
    If you want choice in regards to the CD's go to the CD Warehouse shop in the Emporium. Huge selection including some imports which I would never have been able to get at home. On average a CD there is about 399 baht. A bit dearer than a lot of places but you know it's the real deal and you get the selection.

Thanks
    If I buy DVDs I buy them in Seacon Square, but usually I download them myself.

Thanks
    not that im an expert on pirated DVDS but i just wanted to add that if you are buying, you should get the ones that has a DVD9 shiney sticker on it.. but then again, they also try to fake the DVD9 stickers.. how ironic. faking a fake. Anyway, there are also the ones from China with nice packaging.. they are usually of great quality -

Thread Information