PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Which gor gai?

Thread: Which gor gai?

What is the difference between the $5.95 "Gor Gai Writing Exercise" and the $7.95 "Gor Gai Handwriting Book?" Which do you recommend for a beginner? Also, if I purchase the Thai for Beginners package, will I need the Gor Gai books?

Thanks
    There isn't really much difference. They both give you handwriting exercises. One comes with an alphabet book and the other with "my first reader". The latter book is what I used when I was in kindergarten. However, the quality of this book is not so good, that is why we offer it as a "free" gift.

If you are planning on buying "Thai for beginners" then maybe there isn't a need for the handwriting book. In this book there are pages layed out exactly like the Gor Gai handwriting book. It is smaller of course but you could photocopy and enlarge them at the same time.

I hope this helps.
    Support the forum and chat rooms and buy computer software and books for learning Thai at www.BuyThaiBooks.com

Thanks
    I brought home some of the handwriting books from my visits to Thailand. They have really helped me to learn and memorize the letters of the alphabet, in addition to helping me write them. The little illustrations are a big learning aid, in my opinion. Thai for Beginners does not have the illustrations, but is a very useful book.

Thanks
    I really believe that the Thai for Begginers is all you will need, it is an exellent book I am am still constantly looking back to it,
    but I suppose it is also up to your own learning, maybe get it first and if you feel you need more practice later then
    you can always get something extra.

I just used to practice on lined paper after getting the feel for the letters.
    Hope that helps a bit

good luck

Thanks
    In case you didn't know, you can get the handwriting book mentioned above for free when you buy Thai for Beginners at thaihypermarket.com. Or you can choose a First Reader for free or Thai Keyboard sticker sheet.

Thread Information