PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Tipping in thailand - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]If I was going to give money to some one who needed it, I Would give it to my parents who are on the old aged pension...
    My only response to a statement like this is, "Why haven't you given money to your parents already, being a millionaire jet-setter and all?" After all, it was your parents who gave you the opportunity to be all that you are today.
    Life is learning. If you stop learning, you might as well be dead.

Thanks
    That would be a handout, and we know he does not like this or people who are willing to take them. If he gave his parents money, he would have to disown them. That would be just as bad as the woman who used him!
    Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak....and in every forum you will find at least one.

When you critisize someone, walk a mile in his shoes first; then, if he gets mad, he'll be a mile away and barefoot.

Thanks

talking

ROTFLOL

Thanks
    Quote[/b] ]"Why haven't you given money to your parents already,
    I bort my parents a house and a car each, to get them out of poverty and occasionally help them out, in appreciation for there help when I was a child. The only other charities I give to are concerned with the preservation of wild life, as animals are defenseless against human development and that's not there fault. Now I see no reason for working people who work in a hotel or eatery to lower there dignity and start begging off there customers for there charity dollar that is more deservedly spent in other areas.
    Yes that's right there just beggars, that also have a job, Now I thought begging was meant for the down and out that cannot find a Job.

Thanks
    Very fine defense paul_au, they hardly can reply.

Thanks
    Since English is the official language of Australia, I will surely reply.

Quote[/b] ]If I was going to give money to some one who needed it, I Would give it to my parents who are on the old aged pension...
    The way this is written, it implies that, if Paul were so inclined, he would choose a different target for his charity. If he already gave, he should have stated that he only gives to his parents and environmental charities.

One can't play fast and loose with the language and expect to be understood.

Thanks
    Not Fair!!!

We never said attacking language skills was part of the fair game rules!
    We are supposed to attack character not speeling sad grammar or. You soooo cheated Vision! LOL
    Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak....and in every forum you will find at least one.

When you critisize someone, walk a mile in his shoes first; then, if he gets mad, he'll be a mile away and barefoot.

Thanks
    Quote[/b] (moppet61 @ Sep. 24 2005,14:07)] Hi Muay Thai,I have my personnel experience with the hotel towel staff in the toilet.After using the loo,out of courteous for giving me a towel to clean my hand.I give him HK$2(in 1988),he return back to me in a rude way by saying in cantonese,I want HK$5,NOT 2...
    Oh, what an experience! Did you take it back? If I were you, I would take it back & tell him "I will save it for myself & for better use!"

I no longer tip when I go to the lavatory of fancy hotels. It took me some efforts to overcome the embarrassment while many others are doing it. But I just don't think it's reasonable to tip when all that lady does is just to hand my a towel. I tip when the service is really good in restaurants, message parlours or taxi drivers sometimes.

Thanks
    Yes ,I took back my money and bomba him that you are very lucky to have a job here than begging on the road side.
    Natthi Santiparam Sukham

Thanks

happy

Puzzle me,someone mention it better to give tips to taxi driver.And I recall my last trip in BKK.Taxi driver give tips to a policeman on bike .....You see the whole picture,Thai do give tip regretting ranks and file.
    Natthi Santiparam Sukham

Thread Information