PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Irish work permit for Thai girl
    Thanks

Irish work permit for Thai girl

Irish Work Permit For Thai Girl

Does anyone have any experience of this. I have my own business in Ireland but from what i read they have to show that they have skills that are not easily found in Ireland i.e doctor etc but my business is Restaurant/Hotel so i cant picture my thai gf getting a work permit. Is there no way around this, is there not exceptions or loopholes, its a pity u cant just bribe them here in Ireland.

But seriously if i cant get her a work permit then is there any other way of getting her an extended stay in Ireland, i couldnt possibly afford going back and forward to Thailand every 3 months when the visa runs out considering id have to pay 1,000+ euro per person for a return ticket.

Lastly if my gf was to work on the quiet for me in Ireland when she was on her visa what would the implications be for both me and her if she got caught. It could easily be arranged to keep her behind the scenes.

Hope someone can help and although id prefer information for ireland specifically if someone has info on how it works in the uk please feel free to share the info as it cant be all that different

Cheers

Thanks

Re: Irish work permit for thai girl

Hi,

My name is Paul Milligan. My girlfriend live in Thailand.
    I need your advice that I want her come to Ireland for living and working.
    Where I start? how I get visa for her or what?
    Please email me

Thanks
    Paul

Thanks

I don't know the rules but is it possible to get a tourist visa so she can just work quietly on the side? What job is it? If you wanted her to work as a cook in a Thai restaurant maybe it would be OK, otherwise may be difficult.
    There should be a Thai embassy/consulate in Dublin. Ask there first to find out your options about tourist visas for Thai girlfriends. If you can ask them how to sponsor her visit, you can figure out later how to extend her tourist visa.
    Or maybe ask her to enquire at the embassy in Bangkok.
    Last edited by Sparky; 26-02-08 at 03:24 AM.

Thanks

"Applicant must be able to speak Thai in order to diversify the range of native-language services for customers"

If it's a hotel it's at least reasonable.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts

My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

Thanks

Checking with a Thai embassy or consulate will do no good, it isn't them that give out visas for other countrys, if they could they would pass them out like business cards so their people could go work and send money home and would be the biggest boost Thai economy ever had..

Thread Information