PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
The mama appreciation thread
    Thanks
    Mama what an amazing form of food, so quick and effective and so full of flavour, at the moment im in australia, and ive managed to find thai mama which has made my stay worth it,
    lets also not forget wai wai, another wonderful product, but what other flavours are popular other than pork, post up...dont hold back

mine never look so classy

IMPOSTER!

Thanks
    maggi mee is not imposter or "copycat".. it is quite popular in singapore. I think its just another brand...
    Paknam Web Network:​ Thai Travel News and Online Guidebooks

Bangkok Daytrips: Weekend drives and daytrips around Bangkok
    Thailand Guidebook: A free online guide to all 76 provinces in Thailand
    Thailand Blogs: Daily articles and photos about Thai travel, culture, food, religion and much more.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (BUCKY @ Mar. 29 2005,17:52)]maggi mee is not imposter or "copycat".. it is quite popular in singapore. I think its just another brand...
    Yes, definitely.

In some shops of sg, we can also get duck instant noodles, brand is called "Zow zow".
    Life is short, cherish all you have and live everyday of your life the best you can. :)

Thanks
    its not a maggi noodles appreciation thread, its a mama appreciation thread,

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (stayingalive @ Mar. 29 2005,20:09)]its not a maggi noodles appreciation thread, its a mama appreciation thread,
    Different strokes for different folks", my friend.

Whatever the brand is called is not as significant as the flavor & taste itself. My thai girlfriend tends to refer to instant noodles as Mama, irregardless of the brand. I happen to look at some of the packaging while I was there last week and ironically none of them are of the brand "Mama", yet she sometimes tell me she is eating ""Mama" when I called from Singapore. Like in Singapore, I remember many said Maggie mee when they referred to instant noodles.

Having said that, I do find that the "thai" flavored noodles manufactured by the local brands are no where near as delicious as those I ate in Thailand. As a result, I actually made an effort to go a shopping center in Singapore that cater to Thais living here, to purchase the "made in Thailand Mama. It's called Golden Mile Compex. There is where I am also able to get my mobile phone loaded with the Thai language option, as I needed it to sms with my beloved.

´Ô©Ñ¹´Õ㨷Õè¤ÇÒ?½Ñ¹¢?§ ÃÒ¨? »ç¹¨ÃÔ§ÃÑ¡¤Ø³?Ò¡·ÕèÃÑ¡
    dì-chăn dii jai tîi kwaam făn kɔ̆ɔng rao jà bpən jing rák kun mâak tîi rák
    I'm happy that our dreams are coming true. Love u lots, darling

My Personal Collection - SMSes from our Hearts

Thanks
    Maggi is terribly popular in my country. But I always pick the noodles imported from Thailand, for emotional sakes!
    Never hit someone below the belt; for you are not the creator.

Thanks
    Actually I used to prefer Wai Wai (I still call all of them MaMa as many people mentioned above) However, my local chinese supermarket only stock MaMa brand so I have no choice to love MaMa for now. I like Pad Thai, Tom Yam Kung (the same package you shown above) and Yen Ta Fo. Does MaMa do any Glass Noodle one like Wai Wai does? My local Chinese Supermarket hasn't stock many varieties though. Just too lazy to travel a bit further just for MaMa, any one sell them on eBay? (actually I did see someone sell them on eBay but it's just normal flavour, not unusual one that I can't get)

TK

Thanks
    yes mama does do glass noodles,I think they do Duck.

Thanks
    Mmm.....Mama

Thanks
    yeap glass noodles had em the other day, another wonderfull product made by mama...

Thread Information