PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Bangkok sightseeing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Oikos Guest
    Hi
    Im on my way to New Zealand for a bit of filming work and have a 2 night stopover in Bangkok. I'm looking for some to spend a day or so seeing the sights, particularly the buddhist temples, enjoying good food and perhaps visit a nightclub one night? A chance for you to practise your English and for me to meet some locals. I've been to Bangkok before but think it would be more fun to meet some locals.

Thanks
    Good for you! You're so lucky! You are going to have a lot of fun there! Enjoy yourself! Bon Voyage!

Oikos Guest
    Is that it? No-one out there with any suggestions? I was in Burma two years ago and people were falling over themselves to practise their English, but I suppose Burma is as isloated as you can get... Lovely people though , shame about the military governemnt.
    I lived with a Thai guy during University and I'd look him up if I could but I've lost touch, hence my request.
    Anyway, thanks for the encouragment Makiy0

Thanks
    Go to Wat Phra Gaew in Bangkok. It's beautiful!!

Thanks
    I think there is a timing to visit Wat Phra Gaew. It closes around 3 pm I think, Remember to dress up decently, no shorts and short sleeves. If you are going there in the weekends, do not miss Chatuchak Market, it's interesting too see the variety of souvieners they sell. I would avoid the floating market tour thingy (personally I think it was disappointing). Do try out the discos at Ratchada area, i.e Dance Fever or Hollywood, experience their disco culture..

I hope you have a good filming and an enjoyable trip!!
    Live your Life to the Fullest.
    The Lonely Boxer.

Wanna

http://funimg.pchome.com.tw/img_uplo...044_104615.gif

Oikos Guest
    Thanks everyone.
    I'll check out the temple.
    Then on to New Zealand chasing parrots in the snow!

Thanks
    Enjoy your trip! And do post a post-trip report when you return! I'm sure we would all like to know how your trip went!

Thanks
    Chasing parrots in the snow??

The Lonely Boxer.

Wanna

Oikos Guest
    Seriously. They're called Kea and live in the mountains, I've a month out there filming them during the Queenstown Ski Season. Alhtough they dont talk much they're considered the smartest bird in the world.

Still waitin for some Bangkok company though, nothing worse than eatin good food on your own...

Thanks
    Sounds to me like you are filming some documentary on animals. Anyway, do have fun in Bangkok, hope you'll find someone to bring you around
    The Lonely Boxer.

Wanna

Thread Information