PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Online thai lessons
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JJ sloane Guest

happy

I have been studying Thai by myself for a while without a teacher. Sometimes I get a bit lazy. I would find it better if I could have structured lessons. Do you or anyone else have something like this? Something like lessons sent out each week by e-mail.

Thanks
    sawatdee khrup jj. I am in the same boat:0). If you want, can chat on icq or yahoo . Can share information. I don't know everything; but what helps , helps. Ross

Thanks

Gor Gai

Not surprising, we have had quite a few people asking for something like this. At first we thought that as we are putting all of our resources into the main web site there would be no need for weekly lessons/language course. But, as you said, it is nice to have a teacher keep sending you work every week!

We are thinking about doing this at the moment. We will probably start with two courses:

(1) Learn to read
    (2) Holiday Thai

We are trying to work things out so that it won't make too much work our end. Obviously we would need tests/quizzes but hopefuly this can be done automatically.

Are you expecting feedback from a teacher? For example, marking your homework?

If you have any further ideas of what you would expect then please post them here.

The new school term starts in November and it would be cool to start a language course at the same time!
    Support the forum and chat rooms and buy computer software and books for learning Thai at www.BuyThaiBooks.com

JJ sloane Guest
    Thanks Nattawud. I really want something that will keep me going every week. A course with weekly reviews and tests. Also the ability to ask the teacher questions. I have probably wasted over $100 on books and tapes so far with little or no luck. I have been impressed with what you have been providing on the web site so far and would gladly pay an annual fee to have some structured lessons.

Hi Ross. I don't have ICQ on my computer. Maybe we can chat through the private messenger on this board? I come here nearly every day.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    We will certainly seriously consider doing a language course online. This would be done as a joint project with Sriwittayapaknam School and with content provided by our Thai department. I will talk with the head of the Thai department to see how our kindergarten students are taught. We would then offer a course along the same lines.

All of the web sites produced at Sriwittayapaknam School have free content and will continue that way. If we do go ahead with an online course, we wouldn't charge any money. It is our standing policy to use the internet to promote Thailand as a tourist destination and to educate people to what the real Thailand is like.

JJ sloane Guest

Gor Gai

Thanks for replying. Please keep us informed of your progress.

I would be very interested to hear more about how you teach kindergarten Thai. Everything from methods and books used. Any chance of seeing some Thai exams as well?

Thanks
    satwadee!well same here i'm lazy to study without a thai teacher.Yea do u guys have something lesson that send out each week by email?thanks!

Thanks
    Wow, You went through all theold posts?
    If you need a person or persons to help you and encourage you,
    Post your questions or thoughts in the forum. There are many people who have a lot of knowledge
    with this subject. Most of the people here are up and up sometimes a stray comes in ;but they go away when they find out that this site is
    not what they are looking for.:O

luckyman133 Guest
    I went through all the old post as well. It is time consuming to do that with little result. rcalaimo is right to say that there are many people in this forum willing to help if you have any problem.
    However, the most important is to learn from all sources ie. this website, books and from friends of course. But all these are still not enough. I am learning in the Thai temple every Sunday now to get the right tone and proper sentence.

Thanks

panic

I've got to say that this is a great idea!
    Can't wait until you start giving those online weekly lessons.

Thread Information