PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Ѻ

Thread: Ѻ

Thanks

Ѻ

I have an online friend who helps me with my Thai and who I help with his English and often he uses the phrase ครับผม at the end of a sentence. I know that ครับ is the polite word men put at the end of a sentence and for other purposes and ผม is the male word I or me, but I dont know if there is any special significance to putting these two words together at the end of some sentences. Ive looked in many books and web sites and I have never seen ครับผม used any place other than in the conversations with my friend. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks.

Bill

Roger77 Guest
    Why dont you ask you'r friend?

Thanks
    Hi,
    Ѻ has the same meaning as Ѻ (yes; yes sir) but indicates greater respect than Ѻ. Its only used by male speakers.
    For example, a student may use this with his teacher or you may hear a taxi driver use this with his passenger.
    Its often used in a humorous/sarcastic way eg a boyfriend may use it in reply to his girlfriend who he thinks is bossing him around.
    Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Boo-Boo, I thank you for you taking the time for clearing that up for me.

Rodger 77 - I have asked my friend about this but as I mentioned while he helps me with Thai I also help him with his English and if I understood the answer to that question I would not waste my time or the groups time - to ask that question.

Thread Information