PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Taxi's in bangkok
    Thanks
    I fully understand the thinking that goes behind charging westerners more than locals because of wage differences etc. However I don't want to be ripped off too much (I don't mind paying a premium and don't expect to pay Thai prices). There will be four in my group (my wife and two sons).
    Given that, How much should I be paying for a taxi
    from to
    Airport Viengtai Hotel
    Viengtai Hotel Grand Palace
    Grand Palace Central
    Viengtai Hotel Suan Lum Night Bazzar
    Thanks in advance.
    brian

PS Does anyone else spend a fortnight planning a day in a new city?!

Thanks
    People have reported different experiences with meter taxis. But, generally, as long as they turn the meter on, they are far more reliable than say the tuk tuk.

Giving a price on those trips is a bit difficult. I can only guestimate. Maybe someone else can offer an opinion.

The meter starts at 35 baht and stays like that for the first 2 kms. After that it is about 5 baht per kilometre. The meter will also go up while standing still in traffic.

From the airport, you have to pay a 50 baht surcharge first. Then tollways will be 30-70 baht depending on which direction you go. In total, the trip to your hotel would be about 350-500 baht.

Your hotel is near the Grand Palace so I am going to guess it will cost you about 50 baht!

I am not sure where "Central" is. Do you mean Siam Sqaure/MBK area? If so, I will guess the fare would be about 80-100 baht.

To the night Bazzar I am not sure. Traffic will be bad at that time and you are going right across town. Can't you go from the Siam Square area as it is nearer? I did that trip the other week and it was only slightly more expensive than doing a combination of the sky train and Metro. I think it was about 60 baht from the Siam Square area.

More info:

http://www.bangkokguidebook.com/airport.php
    http://www.bangkokguidebook.com/tran...taxi/index.php

You will see on our web site that people have added comments to the bottom of each page. By the time you come back the site should be finished. We would appreciate if you could add comments to the site.

Thread Information