PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Shopping during songkran festival
    Thanks
    Hi, i am planning to go bangkok on the 15 April which happens to be right after Songkran Festival (Water pouring). Will the shops in Bangkok be open from 15 to 18 April?? Cos normally ppl close their shops for the new yr??

Thanks for your advice.. To go.. or to postpone??

Thanks
    Big shops never close - even during Songkran - so you will find the shopping malls all open - sometimes a welcome break from the water fights. However, smaller, family-run shopps will be closed at least 13-15 April if not longer.

Thanks
    thanks for the information... looks like i can go ahead as schedule..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (sawatdee @ Mar. 13 2005,19:18)]Big shops never close - even during Songkran - so you will find the shopping malls all open - sometimes a welcome break from the water fights. However, smaller, family-run shopps will be closed at least 13-15 April if not longer.
    normally how long does the family-run business close?? i heard that these shops close for a week or so??

will the shops in MBK be close during that period??

Thanks
    Most shops in MBK would be open. Most family run shops would only close 13-15 April. However, if they went back to their home province up-country somewhere they then may be gone for longer. I guess it doesn't help you that 16-17 is a weekend so some small shops might be tempted to stay closed for longer. But, I doubt if that is true. They wouldn't be able to afford to close for too long.

Thread Information