PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Shopping month in bkk, march or apr?
    Thanks
    Hi all, I see this website is very informative and so I hope someone can help me!!
    I am planning to travel with a group of friends to BKK for purely shopping purpose. We are thinking of going either on 24-27 Mar or 29 Apr-1 May. Can someone be so kind ehough to let us know if which time period is better?? We heard there's some kinda nationwide sale in March...is that true?? We would also like to go Central at Chitlom, are they having sale at this two period??
    Thanks a zillion to whoever's helping us!!

Thanks
    I think the sales period is around June? ... they have some kind of fashion month around that period.. depending on what you want, on and off, they always have sales.. I think they just had recent sales before chinese new year. Not sure about March. But I think its more possible during April when Thai celebrate their new year....
    oh, fyi, now there's Gem and jewellery exhibition at Muang Thong Thani, Impact Arena.
    Paknam Web Network:​ Thai Travel News and Online Guidebooks

Bangkok Daytrips: Weekend drives and daytrips around Bangkok
    Thailand Guidebook: A free online guide to all 76 provinces in Thailand
    Thailand Blogs: Daily articles and photos about Thai travel, culture, food, religion and much more.

Thanks
    If you are going to Central or Zen, remember to ask for the Tourist discount card which is 5% off the retail price.
    Can just ask from any sales girl or when paying at the cashier.

Thanks
    I just saw alot of "SALE" signs at Siam Discovery over the weekend...

Thailand Blogs: Daily articles and photos about Thai travel, culture, food, religion and much more.

Thanks
    Hi all, thank you very very much for your valuable info!!

By the way, can someone tell me what we can do if we arrive only at 9pm at our hotel?? It's near Siam station and I heard that there's this night market we can go to at Lumpini Station called Suan Lim Night Market. Does anyone knows what time the market close or if there's any other night market around?
    And can someone tell me what time Pratunum market open and close on Thursday?

Thanks!!

Thanks
    which hotel u staying?

yes, u can go to Suam Lum aka Lumphini Night Bazzaar. But stuffs there are relatively pricer than Weekened chatchuchart market (aka JJ market). I like the place though cos there's a beer garden with live music and u can try local Thai delights there. Not as crowded as weekend market and good for the family. Most shops close around 12midnight.

not sure what time pratunam market opens but i guess if its night market, it should open around 6pm and close around 12 or 1am...

alternatively, u can try patpoing night bazzaars..

Thanks
    Thanks Bucky!!

Btw what do you mean by patpoing night bazzaars?? Any idea what time major shopping centres close??

Thanks
    patpong has night market too... lotsa tourists go there. For shopping, pubbing and other reasons.... not really suitable for young kids though cos its also one of their red-light district in Thailand....

major shopping center closes around 9pm and weekend at 10pm... sometimes some mall has midnight sales where they open till .. midnight.... malls like Central.....

Thanks
    Not really with reference to shopping but........
    On my last visit to thailand im sure i went to the central mall...if im right in saying there is 2 big mall's opposite eachother?

If so i remember this place close to there which a thai friend refered to as 'the black market' This is a money exchange place and the rates are supposed to be better. If I could locate the mall I was at on my last visit im sure i could find this 'black market' again. I want to exchange my money at this place when i return but finding it again will be difficult i think.
    Can any 1 help plz!

Thread Information