PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Pc games in thailand
    Thanks
    I'm going to Thailand for a short hol in jan. I was going to buy some PC games when i'm there, can any one tell me if there compatable with PC's back in the UK. I dont want to buy n get them home and they dont work.

Also, is there any games at all that you can but in bangkok and use in the uk that dont a chipped console, I herd the game boy advanced SP is ok to buy??

One more, where is the best place to but a memory card in bangkok (sandisk 518 or any thing close) are they cheap or would it be better buying one back home before travelling.

If you can answer any of these questions i'd like to no//Cheers..

Thanks
    i got alot of PC games from Thailand before. the thing u need to be careful is the language some games are only japanese or other language..

all of them will work no problem.

Thanks
    Compatibility of each PC game depends only on how advanced is the computer you have. In theory, any game designed for PCs should work in any computer, regardless of which country you buy it and use it. For instance, games I bought in Thailand work just as fine on my American laptop as the ones I bought in the US. Just check the specs on the box of the game that you are interested in, and you should be fine.

This is of course assuming that you buy the original version. Illegal copies do not have boxes, so you risk incompatibility issues unless you check the specs on the Internet first. And then there is the previously mentioned language issue, but it's not that bad.

Consoles are an entirely different matter. If you don't have a modded console, don't even think about getting any games over here. The GBA-SP may be an exception, but I can't confirm that. I bought mine in Laos, so can't say if any overseas incompatibility issues exist. If so, it may only be in special cases, such as when you try to hook it up to your overseas GameCube or to another GBA.

There don't seem to be many gamers on this forum, so I suggest you try to get more info on Nintendo's official page, or any of the better gaming forums such as IGN.

I have bad news about memory cards - they are not cheap here either. Actually, I was better off buying one in the US than if I bought one here. I don't know about UK prices though.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Any idea how much one of the latest pc games cost in thailand, i've been given a few prices..

Cheers//

Thanks

Re: Pc games in thailand

yo hey I purchased pc game in thailand and when you install it is say to "copy file.exe in crack paste at games directory.....what does this mean???

thanks

Thanks

Re: Pc games in thailand

Most games are fake wherever you find them
    that means if they are online games, you can't play them online.
    Most prices range from 75 baht to 200. Real game versions will be around their US/UK equivalents, somecases a litttttttlllle cheaper

Thread Information