PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Lumpini Night Baazar
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Is Lumpini Night Baazar worth a visit? Would someone enlighten me about this?

Thanks

happy

Lumpini Night Bazaar (Also know as Suan Lum and opposite opposite Lumpini Park) is definitely worth a visit. Good shopping, 3 bands, GREAT food court!! Cheap & delicious. You can get to it by subway.

There is much to see and buy. I especially enjoyed listening to the live bands whilst I ate and drank in the open air food court. Bands play every night. Great atmosphere.

I believe there are plans for a floating restaurant and a Chinese shopping village;

The action begins at sunset.

How to get there:

Suan Lum Night Bazaar 1875 Rama IV Road

MRTA (Subway): Lumpini, *****Best way ***

BTS (Sky Train): Sala Daeng

\"I touch the future. I teach.\"

Thanks
    According to a leaflet we have, there are 3700 shops! "Enjoy the largest selection of discount Thai products. Clothes and accessories, jewelry, home decorations, handicrafts, antiques and souvenirs. Year round cultural shows and exhibits. Famous Thai food center. Come by and get all the best of Thailand!"

Thanks

with love

No wonder I was there for hours!!!! lol

Not sure if i saw or visited all the shops. I did, however, pick up some great bargains.

Thanks
    is lumpini night bazaar the same as patpong night bazaar???

Thanks
    No, they are two different places.

Thanks
    are they both worth goign to??? I am looking to buy silk over in Thailand, are there many places that sell silk???

Thanks

talking

They are both very different experiences. Patong conatins many sex bars. It is often much more crowded. You are sure to pick up bargains there.

I bought some lovely silk clothes at lumpini night bazaar. Total cost was less than 20 pounds.

I felt much safer buying silk at lumpini. At Patong, I feel more likely to be ripped off.

Thanks
    how about lumpini and pratunam?......where will be cheaper?......and nicer.......once i bought a handbag at patpong and saw the same bad at pratunam.....and even a get a great discount in patpong but is it still cheaper in pratunam........

Thanks
    I would definitely go to both. As you say, Pratunam (close to the World Trade Centre) has some great bargains. It is the cheapest place for clothes but you need to shop around as some stores are the same price as in other places. As a guide you should be paying around 150 baht for a lacoste or polo shirt.

Pratunam is the place I head to first to buy all my clothes for my trip. I go to Thailand with an empty suit case and buy my clothes there. One thing to watch thought is that Thai clothes are smaller and vary a lot. A thai large could mean a size 12 or 16 in England. Remember to pack a tape measure.

Lumpini is an evening visit.

You have to bargain a lot at Patpong and still you feel you are being ripped of. I bargained for something and reduced the price to about 60 % of the starting price. I was really pleased. Then my Thai friend tried and she got 80% off.

Are you going to Chatuchak (J J) weekend market?

You can spend hours wandering around this market (if you can stand the heat) and still never see it all.

It's the cheapest place in Bangkok for souvenirs and a great place to watch how Thai people like to shop! You can get to it by skytrain or by subway now.

Thread Information