Thanks

Gor Gai Guitar shops in Bangkok

Hi There!

I'm travelling out to Bangkok early November and I am desperate to know if I can buy a guitar in Bangkok.

If anyone out there knows where I can buy guitars in Bangkok and can give me location details etc I would be very greatful!

Also if anyone knows about the policy for taking your guitar on board an aircraft (Domestic flights around Thailand and International flights back to the UK) please could you let me know as its proving difficult to get any info out of the airlines!!

Cheers!

Dizzymoo

Thanks
    Hi,

I remember seeing a guitar shop in the World Trade Centre. I think it was on the first floor, but it will be easy to find if you ask the at the information desk.
    I don't know anything about getting it on internal flights tho'. I'd imagine that Thai airways has a very similar policy to that of other carriers.

Thanks

Re: Guitar shops in bangkok

I want to sell my guitare if you are interested i am in Thailand until march it's an acoustic Ibanez brand new and I sell it with bag and tuner..hope to read you soon

Thanks

Re: Guitar shops in Bangkok

You won't have a problem finding good guitars in Bangkok. Many of the big shopping malls, especially in downtown Siam district (Siam skytrain station) have music shops selling guitars, acoustics and electrics, Fender, Gibson, Ibanez, Yamaha, etc, and I've seen small music shops on many streets too, tho with rip-off models styled on the big names.

Thanks

There is a whole bunch of guitar shops in Bangkok at the top end of Khlong Lawt, on Th Atsadang, just south of Khosan Road, but be willing to haggle hard as the quality is very varied. Something that makes noise is good for Backpacking. Always contact airlines for carring rules in advance. Don't ever fly with your prize axe as they disappear regularly all over the world.

Thanks

very good (and big) guitar shop can be found close to Pantip Plaza on chaophraya road. Right across the street from the indonesian embassy. Can't miss it, it's two floors with guitars in the window.

Thread Information