PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Offering food to monks
    Thanks
    What time does one have to be up in the morning in order to offer food to the Monks on their pindabhat round in the mornings?
    Also, is there a Wat close to the Patpong area?
    And one more question - what time to Wat's usually have their evening chanting?

Jitwadee Guest
    Be on the streets around six in the morning. By seven, you may see only the last monks returning to their temples with full alms bowls.

Most monks are not used to foreigners doing ѡҵ (tak bat), therefore they may not stop when they see you. To get their attention, just say (ni mon ka/khrab).

Thanks
    The Evening Chantings are around 5 or 6 O`Clock I think.
    My interesting blog about Thailand at Thailand Blog ---> click here

Thanks
    When we are in Thailand, my wife and I allways give food to the monks in the morning.
    It is a good way to make contact with the locals.
    My wife is budist, I am not, but it is well appriciated by the monks. And you will get more sympathy from the locals.
    "My computer goes down on me more often than my wife"

Thanks
    In SIN.we use to offer Monks food at lunch time,before 12noon.Because after 12noon,monks are not allow to consume food.,until next day break 6 a.m.
    Natthi Santiparam Sukham

Thanks
    In 2002 my girlfriends father had a brother who was a monk, and at 6.30 am in the morning I used to go over to his monastery in the back of the utility pick up truck, and I let the monk sit in the front, we used to drive on a regular route around Samrong Samut Prakan, stopping at some factories, to pick up food.

Thread Information