PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
A poll test

View Poll Results: What's your favorite Thai dessert?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Salted Strawberry

33 100.00%
  • Fried Banana with Chilli inside

4 26.67%
  • Fried Icecream

8 53.33%
  • Salted & Spicy Watermelon

5 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: A poll test

Jitwadee Guest

thumbs up A poll test

Testing the poll option...

Edit: it's a multiple-choice vote; if they all sound delicious, you can select more than one. :p
    Last edited by Jitwadee; 18-10-05 at 01:53 PM.

Thanks
    Nice idea checking that!

Jitwadee Guest
    It appears to work just fine - better than the previous one.

Great to be back, Joshua. You guys did an excellent job moving everything so fast!
    Last edited by Jitwadee; 18-10-05 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks
    I didn't know you guys had strawberry in Thailand at all!

Jitwadee Guest
    Yep - we grow them right here in the mountains.

Jitwadee Guest

Rigging the vote machine

Good news and bad news:

Good news: the topic is not bumped up every time it receives a new vote, like it did on the previous board.

The bad news is that I can change the number of votes in any category! Originally, there were only two votes for 'salted strawberry', but I just set that number to 32 with ease, and the program doesn't mind that there are only 11 votes.

I know this board has much flexibility in editing, but this may be a bit too much...

Betti, iGotNoTime, could you please try to edit the votes? I wonder if it can only be done by the original poster, or is it more open.

Although we didn't use this feature much in the past, now we know it's unreliable here. I bet Dubya would love it though!
    Last edited by Jitwadee; 20-10-05 at 10:25 AM.

Thanks
    I have no moderation rights, probably that's the reason I can't tamper with it. I can't even vote again because it says I have already done so.

Jitwadee Guest
    yeah, that's how it was with the previous board as well. Thank you, Betti.

Thanks
    Correct, moderators can not edit the polls either. Only an admin can. Jitwadee you were able to do this quite easily because you have some admin rights for the image editing you were taking care of.

When I seen the votes go that high for the strawberries I figured we just a huge group from Chiang Mai up in here! 5555

Do you guys like it bumping the topic for a vote? I think it should only bump if a comment is made, what do you think? If you like it we should keep it, but I don't consider an empty vote with no comment as much of a change on the thread.

Betti you are staff, you do have mod rights, just not on this particular forum yet. Something that will likely be addressed in our next staff meeting.

Jitwadee Guest
    Oh, okay, I see now. So there is some credibility in this poll system after all.

About the poll not being bumped up merely on votes - I consider that a good thing. Many-a-clicks have been wasted on checking for new posts on polls when someone voted on them even months and years later!

Thread Information