PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
1Gb Olympus xD Memory Card
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Hi,

I'm going to Thailand next month. I can purchase a 1Gb Olympus xD Memory Card here for 83 EURO (4,100 THB) - could anybody tell me if they think it would be any cheaper in Bangkok?

We're staying in the Pathumwan Princess so shopping in the MBK should be easy to do, unless there is somewhere else which may be cheaper...

Any response would be much appreciated,
    thanks in advance,

Clare

Thanks
    Olympus XD Picture Card 512 MB - 3,300.00
    Apacer Photo Steno Pro II Compact Flash Card 100X, 1 GB - 4,690.00
    Kingston Compact Flash 1 GB, 25X - 2,800.00
    Kingston Compact Flash Ultra Elite Pro 1 GB, 40X - 3,550.00
    Transcend Compact Flash Card 2GB, 45X - 9,500.00

I would think you are better off buying in your home country. The 4GB cards recently came out which will help to push these prices down later.

Thanks

Thank you Sawatdee.

Could you tell me is a Compact Flash Card the same as an xD card?

Thanks again,
    Clare

Thanks
    No, they are bigger. I was just giving you a price comparison as I couldn't find a price for your 1 GB card yet. Maybe I can find it later this week. We need to buy one ourselves soon.

Thanks

Panthip Plaza Perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by cdoyle4
    Hi,

We're staying in the Pathumwan Princess so shopping in the MBK should be easy to do, unless there is somewhere else which may be cheaper...

Clare
    I have always assumed that you can get a better price in Panthip Plaza, but as I said, it's an assumption.

Are there any BKK residents that care to comment?

แบรี่

Thanks
    Even within Panthip Plaza you have to shop around to get a good price. Sometimes it is comparable and sometimes it is cheaper at MBK. Basically, Panthip has a nice selection of digital cameras but you would need to go to MBK if you want any extras to go with it.

Thanks
    Did you get those prices from www.pantipprice.com Sawatdee ? They seem to be the same as on there, but I reckon they're about 10% more expensive than what you could get in MBK

Nevertheless, Clare would probably still be better off getting them out of Thailand, I reckon the 1GB would be in 4500 - 4800B range in Bangkok.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    Did you get those prices from www.pantipprice.com Sawatdee ? They seem to be the same as on there, but I reckon they're about 10% more expensive than what you could get in MBK

Nevertheless, Clare would probably still be better off getting them out of Thailand, I reckon the 1GB would be in 4500 - 4800B range in Bangkok.
    A quick scan of eBay shows some sellers listing 1GB xD cards at around £50 (3500B) 'Buy It Now', if this is any help?

David
    My new travel blog: https://www.weekender.blog/

Thanks

question

hello: cdoyle4,you own Olympus digital camera right?May I know you face this problem.Battery hungry for power all the time.My model C450.My friend Sony or Canon do not face such problem.
    Natthi Santiparam Sukham

Thanks

Thanks to everybody who replied. As there isn't a big difference in price, I think I'll purchase here (either on Amazon or eBay) and so will be ready for lots of photography when I arrive in Bangkok!

Thanks again,
    Clare

I'm going to start another thread now asking about (genuine) Quiksilver wetsuits...

Thread Information