PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Listening to thai radio
    Joe Guest

happy

Thanks for the opportunity to listen to live Thai radio. It is quite fascinating listening to the dj's who speak both Thai and English. It was also fascinating to hear the odd English word amongst Thai sentences. Is that quite common? Do Thai people often switch between Thai and English when they are speaking.

Thanks

Gor Gai

Yes, I would say that happens quite often. It seems almost fashionable for educated people to use the odd English words while talking on the telelphone. The same goes for D.J.'s on the radio though they tend to be doing translations more rather than using both languages at the same time. I think they use English for quite a few technical words. As far as I understand some of these have Thai equivalents but they are often long and difficult to pronounce. Quite often they favour the English version over their own!

Thread Information