PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
PS2 Chips

Thread: PS2 Chips

Thanks

PS2 Chips

Can I get my Australian PS2 chipped in Bangkok, will it work?

IF yes where can I get it and for how much (approx)

I would love to pay $5.00 for a game

Thanks

Thanks
    You buy them already done in Pantip. I don't think there is a shop that does it live like you are describing, but I could be wrong. Why not just sell your box, and buy a whole new one in Thailand if this is really what you want to do?

Most people mod their own things, it's kinda dumb to buy something modified in most modder's minds. That is why computer modders all make fun of Alien, and car modders make fun of the cheap cars with the cute hubcaps and coffee can exhaust. The whole purpose of modding used to be to learn and expand your own mind and abilities. Now people just wanna pay to achieve what only the 3lite could have a few years before.

Thanks
    As iGotNoTime told allready, in Pantip they can do for you. For how much I don't know. The games you can buy cheap in MBK (100 Baht).
    Why you don't chip your PS2 in Australia? Than you don't have to bring your console to Thailand.
    "My computer goes down on me more often than my wife"

Thanks
    Because he wants someone to do it for him.

Speaking of... I know the modding used to be quite risky with the soldering but these days it is as simple as plugging RAM into a computer I hear. I have not modded my son's X-box yet, but after seeing the unlimited potential for him using it as a home theater pc, I am very tempted to spend the money on it.

The machines are very flexible these days. In my day modding meant spraying conductive cleaners inside the Atari controllers so Grand Prix would steer properly. Or slipping a second Nintendo cartridge inside the Nintendo so they were double stacked, and it would read the game right. Man has it changed or what!?
    Last edited by iGotNoTime; 27-10-05 at 02:22 AM.

Thanks
    I am working in electronicrepair, so it is for me "a piece of cake". If he wants he can send the PS2 to the Netherlands and I will do it for him, but it is cheaper to do it in Australia.

Thanks
    Any TV repair shop could handle small soldering jobs like this right? It is just an IC chip correct?

Thanks
    All you have to do are some connections to make with the new print (with modchip). No solderings (for PS2).
    http://www.mod-chip.com/

Thanks
    I was under the impression that it was illegal to do in Australia,
    With Mod-chip do you just pull apart the console and click in a chip or something I would probably screw it up, Im dislexic when it comes to fixing things.
    Im in Korea at the moment so Im going to Bangkok on the way home, thats why I wanted the info.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezer Burn
    I was under the impression that it was illegal to do in Australia....
    Well what were you planning to do with it? That is like saying 'I run Kazaa, Limewire, and Bearshare' then adding that 'file sharing is against the law'. Or am I really misunderstanding you again?

In reality the only legal use for a mod chip is to burn cd's of your home movies to watch on your system. I think that renting a game, copying it to your hard drive and returning it is still illegal?

Thanks
    I would love to pay $5.00 for a game
    You'd be paying too much...

The games you can buy cheap in MBK (100 Baht).
    That's too much too...

iGotNoTime, I think of modding as a way of correcting a console's deficiency. Unfortunately, all of my current consoles are 'deficient' right now, and they are probably collecting dust somewhere on the other side of the globe... :-(

This is not strictly on-topic, but have you guys tried Gameshark or other similar devices? "Look at that man fly!"

Thread Information