PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
omlette thai

Thread: omlette thai

Thanks

omlette thai

I was reading this blog by richard and noticed in the picture three made up omelettes. Do they make to order or make to fill the shelf?
    To see the picture go to http://www.enjoythaifood.com/omlette.php
    Thai Style Omlette
    khanom beuang yuan
    Last edited by rcalaimo; 15-11-05 at 12:05 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

happy

This person would have her own set recipe so she is making them in advance. However, you can always say to her if you want a certain ingredient left out.

This is a picture of a different stall selling the same omlette. Can you see the lady in the yellow shirt right at the back? That is how long the queue is! This omlette is obviously so popular that people are willing to wait so long. Notice also that there are two people frying and about four people in support. A close up of the ingredients shows that they have basically the same ingredients. The only obvious difference I could see is that they deep fried the omlette at the end.

Thanks
    SO this is served all day long or just during certain times during the day?
    On a side not ,I couldn't help seeing the expressions of everyone in line.
    Looks like they are concentrating and anticipating the flavor of the omelette.

Thanks
    Right now I am eating a VEGAN thai-style omelette that my wife prepared (using tofu and soymilk)! It is awesome! If anyone ever wants advice about vegetarian/vegan thai-cooking, just ask us!

-mike
    fnord!

Thanks
    mikeize so just how do you make a soymilk and tofu omelette?

Thanks
    Put tofu and soymilk in a blender (or you could mash it up real good by hand!) until it is creamy but thick. Then mix it with your other ingredients (mushrooms, garlic, green onion, whatever) then fry that sucka up! Note: play around with it to get better results. You might add a little rice-flour or tapioca starch. Ize makes em a little different every time... working towards perfection, 555...

-mike
    fnord!

Thanks
    "Different everytime" now that is just the Asian way! LOL

I make fun of my wife, there is never a hard printed recipe that could be followed. One day she will make the somtam perfect, loads of pepper tons of fish and chunks of crab and maybe even a little cucumber. I ask her two days later if she can make it the same way she had last time, and she only says 'I don't remember what I did different'. The good thing? We never have to taste the same flavor twice, I guess that is the only good thing I can think of for it.

Thread Information