PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
What Uni is to further my edu.???
    Thanks

panic What Uni is to further my edu.???

Note : Im a Thai student.

I am very hesitant here...right now...where to further my education.
    I am goin to list all the pros n cons here. Hope u guys can help me decide a little bit more.

Well, im goin for BBA...majorin in International Business.

MUIC:
    pro:
    1. They have a tougher selection for students. They make sure that the students there have quite an excellent English proficiency. They really focus on the language skills of the students.
    2. The teachers there are either native speakers or professional Thais (the same team that teaches at Thammasat Inter). So we wont be hearing some distorted accents like we will in ABAC.
    3. The condo/dorm is all internet wireless made. And the room has two seperated small bedrooms inside (which makes it more private and cooler ^ ^)
    4. Most students there are either back from abroad like AUS, NZ, US, and UK or from international schools. And its more likely for me to get to speak some english outside classroom. They all got a good command of english.
    5. They have such an eminent debate team....won awards worldwide.
    6. They have a lot of western students also =)
    7. They have internship program abroad (thats kinda awesome)
    8. The program is pretty tough with all written or essay examination (rare multiple choice).
    9. Students at MUIC are more likely to raise their hand up and speak up in class...make discusssion n stuff (which is kinda cool).

cons:
    1. The location of the campus is so damn OUT OF TOWN.
    2. The campus aint so beautiful...theres not much to do around there.
    3. The tuition fee is a lot more expensive than ABAC (two times) (and i think im likely to get a scholarship from ABAC anyway). Even tho money actually aint a problem for me at all.
    4. I think the connection or networkin we will get from friends at MUIC aint as superb as at ABAC.

ABAC:
    pros:
    1. Its very possible for me to get a scholarship...no tution fee is awesome.
    2. Its really close to my boyfriend's. Plus, my bf's sister also goes to ABAC.
    3. The campus is aesthetically beautiful....lots of shops n stuff around the uni too.
    4. Good networking/connection.
    5. They got quite a well-known name abroad as being a christian college in thailand.
    6. Most of my friends that cant get into Thammasat are likely to go to ABAC more than MUIC. And its great to get to be with our long-term best friends. (but that also means lots of thai students go there...so yea...i still like the international atmosphere of MUIC)

cons:
    1. Some teachers....are asian teachers....n they apparently have an accent...which makes it hard for us to understand. And u know that we go to intenational unis cuz we want to improve our language skills.
    2. Many thai students at ABAC suck at English (so uncomparable to MUIC's). So..its pretty likely that outside classroom...we'll speak Thai ...so our speakin wont get any better.
    3. Fewer number of the kinda student that work hard and play hard (they only play/party too hard ...and never graduate within 4 years). But i dont think it really matters....it depends on the person or me...really.
    4. The dorm doesnt have inside seperated room. Just seperated sections for the two beds :S

O yea...about the program of study.

MUIC has a wider variety of other fields to choose from ...like languages minors (English, German, French, Japanese, Chinese)...and Social Studies (Psychology, Economy, Social and Politics Change). This makes it cool.

ABAC BBA program is also more flexible...which is also nice too. Like for example, i choose to study International Business Management...i'll also have to choose a major....in plan A (more sepecific study in that major), plan B (a little bit of other majors like marketin, IMC, Adver,...), and Plan C (choose five subjects out of the subjects listed).

Thanks
    Well from your post it seems you have the right two schools in mind. I'm sure you would fit in at either.

If money isn't a problem, think about what you would be interested in (at first) to try studying.

I think ABAC has many more majors and allows students to do a little more on their own. Being "out of town" might be nice.

I did notice that not one of your pros and cons included education! You mostly only worried about what kind of people went to the school. I think you will be much happier at either school if you think about what kind of things you will be studying, not just what types of people go there. This might be a very different idea, coming from Triam Udon Suksa. Remember, you will be sitting in classes for four years, so think about those. Then think about the students and their "status" if you need to.

Good luck.

P.S. Welcome to the fourms. Please remember to just post in one place, and then use the "recent posts" bar on the top of the page to see daily posts and replies.

Thanks
    Well i think i did mention about the education didnt i?

MUIC has a wider variety of other fields to choose from ...like languages minors (English, German, French, Japanese, Chinese)...and Social Studies (Psychology, Economy, Social and Politics Change). This makes it cool.

ABAC BBA program is also more flexible...which is also nice too. Like for example, i choose to study International Business Management...i'll also have to choose a major....in plan A (more sepecific study in that major), plan B (a little bit of other majors like marketin, IMC, Adver,...), and Plan C (choose five subjects out of the subjects listed).

But what i like the most bout MUIC is tht many students there speak english outside class room.

Thread Information