PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
More Adverts for people NOT logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

More Adverts for people NOT logged in

Most people using the forums are not logged in. They don't take an active part in the community and in some ways they are having a free ride. That is OK because it is our intention to provide free information about Thailand to the world. However, server expenses forces us to enlist these anonymous people to help out.

Later today, we will be testing the first of four new skins for the forums. This first skin is for guests and members who choose not to log in. This skin has an extra column to the left and more advertising between posts.

We will post here when it is ready. If you are a member and would like to see what the skin looks like, then just log out to see the difference.

Thanks
    At this time, you will be able to see a column to the left with adverts from Google adsense. Everyone is seeing this at the moment. Later today, logged in members will be able to change to a different style as default which has less adverts. We are still testing so please be patient.

Thanks
    is it possible to do anything about the kinds of adverts in this strip? at the moment for me for example it's several apparently low-quality dating sites, which doesn't really match with the objective of the forums. I know more money is desperately needed, but isn't there a way to control more the kinds of ads appearing?

Thanks
    Yes, when we see an advert we don't like we can block it. But, people in different areas are delivered different ads. We rely on people to report them. Please give us the details of the ones you don't like by PM.

Thanks
    If my understanding of Google Adsense is correct, the website hosts get paid by the number of clicks on the ads served on their site. If this is correct then I would like to suggest that we all click on as many ads as we can once a day to try and generate as much income as we can for this site which is a huge resource that we all enjoy for free. I mean we don't have to buy anything or even actually look at the ads, just click them and then close them would be enough I would imagine.
    If I am wrong about how it works could someone please correct me, otherwise, let's start the clicking campaign!!
    Follow me on Twitter. I mostly tweet about hotels and resorts in Thailand. |
    Check out my Thailand Tumblr Photo blog

Thanks
    That is very nice of you to say that but it is actually against google rules to do that. We are not allowed to ask you to click on the ads. Yes, it is true we don't get anything by you just looking at them. We only get a few cents after someone has clicked on it. Google is quite clever and will check to see if there was a lot of clicking from the same ip address. In general, people don't click on ads that much. Today, there has been only 12 clicks so far!

Thanks
    Oops, so either the ten ads I just viewed (and I did actually look at them a little bit) were disqualified, or only two people besides me have clicked so far. Oh well, we don't want to get anyone in trouble for breaking the rules, so perhaps moderation is the key?
    Follow me on Twitter. I mostly tweet about hotels and resorts in Thailand. |
    Check out my Thailand Tumblr Photo blog

Thanks
    Moderation is the key to the Google program, as Sawatdee mentioned it is against the rules to ask people to click, also to explain the way it works in detail. Correct clicking many times is viewed as malicious spam by Google, and would bring forth an investigation as well as IP tracing. In some cases of extreme abuse I have seen Google demand the webmaster to ban the IP from the server in order to keep their account with Google. This is extreme and only called forth by serious abuse (people intentionally trying to hurt the webmaster's account). 2-3 clicks per day is only helping Sawatdee and fulfilling it's purpose.

Personally, I always click a couple times per day or at least try. But my clicks are spread out with each visit, not all done in a single visit. You know the Google ads is among some of the very best in content targeted advertising. Many of the ads are very much along the lines of things that would interest us and many of the websites advertising on our pages through them are sites some of us already have bookmarked.

Jerome you seem to be a very kind-hearted person and want to help, there are other ways of helping being engineered at the moment. They too will be released very soon.

Thanks

Chino1, CHAIYO123@verizon.net

New member sign up problem.
    I have problem to enter the web site which I was referred to, with the code to enter to finish membership application, but I was not able to open that site. I did send back the e-mail and asked site administrator to help finish up for me , I am not sure it is possible.

Thanks
    Not sure what your problem is as it looks like you are registered AND logged in!

Thread Information