PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Need help on shopping and transport in Bangkok
    Thanks

happy Need help on shopping and transport in Bangkok

I will be arriving in Bangkok from Singapore on the 6th of December at 12.15pm. I have some time to spare before I board another flight for Chiang Rai which is taking off at 7.35pm.

What I would like to know is, is the aiport that I am landing on in Bangkok is still Don Muang?

I would also like some help on is there any nice huge shopping centres near Don Muang airport and have no jams as I am afraid to get stuck in the jam if I were to go to Siam Sq area. I know Rangsit have a shopping centre but I do not know much about the shopping centres outside Siam.

Another thing is that I will be arriving in Bangkok from Chiang Rai via bus on the 20th of December with a group of friends and I will think we will land up at the Mor Chit bus terminal. What I would like to know is the skyway beside the bus terminal? If not, is there any way I can hire a bus from Mor Chit bus terminal to my hotel in Pratuman as we have a group of 18 people and I worry for my friends if we all take the cab separately with our luggages and how much is the cost?

Thanks
    Don Muang may very well be operating next month. I know it has been this month.

I don't know about Siam style shopping centers, but there are a couple Big C stores very close. From my experience many have food courts and some have bowling alleys too. That's where I would probably go. I saw (passed by) the one on Phahon Yothin Rd. before, but the other is just as close over on Chaeng Watthana Rd., and my map shows a Lotus market there also. A taxi ride to either shouldn't take very long. Check out the link below to see maps of the store areas. Click the individual stores Don Muang and Chaengwattana for detail maps.

http://www.bigc.co.th/en/branch/bangkok.asp

The Mo Chit bus terminal I guess is the Northern one. It's pretty close to the Skytrain Mo Chit station, but it's on the other side of Chatuchak Park from there. With luggage you'll probably need a taxi to get there. Maybe someone else knows about a bus to Prutunam directly out of the bus terminal.

Thanks
    Thanks for the information about BigC, Jaibaan.

I found out that there is a BigC at Future Park Rangsit, and I know that the Future Park Rangsit has other shops like Central and Robinson too. I would like to know how long does it take to reach Future Park Rangsit from the airport in a taxi?

Thanks
    That's interesting, I didn't know there was a shopping center up there in Rangsit. All my paper maps go no farther north than the airport. But I checked online and found one attached to the Central shopping site. I'd estimate from their map not more than a 30 minute ride from the airport with good traffic conditions. So it sounds like a good plan. To see it go to the site below, scroll down about halfway to Future Park Rangsit, then see the map link.

http://www.central.co.th/web/html/eng/locator.html

Thread Information