PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Grand Opening of Siam Paragon - 9 Dec 2005
    Thanks

so happy! Grand Opening of Siam Paragon - 9 Dec 2005

SIAM PARAGON: Bt15-billion mall set for grand debut
    The Nation, Published on November 30, 2005

Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn, thousands of VIPs will be on hand for Dec 9 launch. Siam Paragon, the ultra-modern designer shopping complex in downtown Bangkok, will open with an unprecedented publicity bash on December 9. RH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn will preside over the opening ceremony at 9.39am. Some 10,000 VIP guests will be invited to attend, including ambassadors, politicians, military top brass, Cabinet members, movie and television celebrities, and pop stars.

At 10.00am, the general public will be given entry to the sprawling, multi-storey shopping complex covering some 500,000 square metres and built at a cost of Bt15 billion.

The shopping mall, situated opposite Siam Square, is expect to attract at least 200,000 visitors on the opening day. Special BTS shuttles will help transport guests in order to relieve traffic congestion.

“Siam Paragon’s debut will set records for Thailand as the largest launch event ever held by a private company,” said Supaluck Umpujh, vice chairman of Siam Paragon Development Co.

Throughout December, the company will spend more than Bt200 million on a publicity campaign for the high-end mall.

Supaluck said half of the promotional budget would be used to underwrite shows and marketing bonanzas on and after December 9. The other half will pay for media advertising both in Thailand and abroad. Opening-day show will feature lavish performances with names like “The Procession of Triumph,” “The Mystique of Enchantment,” and “The Glory of Magical Beauty” and feature more than 1,000 dancers.

Companies DeBeers and Steinmetz will bring another highlight to the opening ceremony by displaying EOS, the world’s most expensive diamond. The 100-karat gem is worth more than Bt4 billion.

Luxury cars will also be on display, including a Bt125-million Zonda Pacani, an Bt85-million Ferrari, and a Bt24-million Lamborgini Gallardo Spyder.

Supaluck said the company would earmark a further Bt500 million next year for advertising and promotional events. Operators expect to attract more than 100,000 shoppers a day.

The entertainment draws in Siam Paragon will include Siam Ocean World. Thailand’s largest aquarium, it features 14 marine zones housing 30,000 marine animals representing 400 species.

The Royal Paragon, a 10,000-square metre multipurpose hall, will double as a venue for the Bangkok Film Festival next February.

“About 60 per cent of the total 300 tenant stores are ready to open shop,” Supaluck said. The rest of the shops are expected to be up and running by next February.

Chadatip Chutrakul, CEO of Siam Paragon Development Co Ltd, said that the shopping complex will employ more than 10,000 people. Some 3,000 of them will work in the department store alone.

“We have invested Bt90 million in the infrastructure of the shopping complex, including a world-class wi-fi system, an IP telephone system, a computerised parking system employing smart cards, and a close-circuit television system,” she said.

Kwanchai Rungfapaisarn

The Nation

Thanks
    Too bad I am leaving on the 5th >"<

Thanks
    Sounds like a nice shopping centre, the only thing, I would like to own the place.

tuktukman Guest
    great! here i come next yr....airasia offering free-tickets (pay tax only - abt 36USD) to bangkok next year.. go every month...

Thanks
    A nice view is from the Sky Train platform....I rmember watching the first pillars being driven etc. Even say a jumper from the BTS....splat on the pavement..wonder if he was a shopaholic with no bah?

Thanks
    when i was there last month, i went into Discovery Center (upscale mall) in Bangkok, there were only say less than a 100 people shopping, then i went walked next door to MBK and there were over 1000 people shopping.

Thai people dont want upscale, designer malls. too damn expensive. i didnt fly 21hrs to go buy high dollar items. i can do that at home. i go to thailand to buy dirt cheap products.

Thanks
    Nice place with too many people handing out shite as you enter and leave via the BTS. It Aquarium is ok, just ok...I would say that at 450b for over 12years old is a bit stiff. did like the live snake show....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thesuperstar
    when i was there last month, i went into Discovery Center (upscale mall) in Bangkok, there were only say less than a 100 people shopping, then i went walked next door to MBK and there were over 1000 people shopping.

Thai people dont want upscale, designer malls. too damn expensive. i didnt fly 21hrs to go buy high dollar items. i can do that at home. i go to thailand to buy dirt cheap products.
    Great Place to see. Yes it is expensive, but there are still the knockoff shops. Its always going to be there. And yes, Thailand does want upscale malls. You would be supprised how many rich kids live there.

Thread Information