PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Korat

Thread: Korat

rudrunk Guest
    I'll be going to korat next month does anyone know where the hot spots are?

Thanks
    Pardon my ignorance but what is "korat"

Thanks
    Its a not so renowed tourist attraction in thailand.
    Live your Life to the Fullest.
    The Lonely Boxer.

Wanna

http://funimg.pchome.com.tw/img_uplo...044_104615.gif

Thanks
    Oh I see, it was not so much a what is "korat" as it is a where is "korat". (Laughing at my own ignorance now) So which part of Thailand is Korat at anyway?

Thanks
    Korat (or Nakhon Ratchasima as it's also called) is the main city in the north east - have a look at http://www.thailandguidebook.com/pro...atchasima.html which has got information on it

Thanks
    Hmm Korat. Really fond memories of that place!

I think that either this month or the next, the Ya-Mo festival's happening - the whole town gets together and changes the dressing on Ya-Mo's statue and just has a really good time.

For something...interesting? I don't know how to put it. But there's a little restaurant called 'the Pizza Shop' and it should be near the Sripatana hotel. It's owned by this Swedish guy named Sten and the food there is really good. If you want a discount, tell him that Jon from Canada sent you!

The Night Bazaar (if it still exists!) is always a fun place to be - not just your average night market. Cheap stuff!

If you're into the nightlife, Yotha Plaza is a big street full of maybe 6 to 8 bars. Or you can check out this place called Scorpion...if it's still called that. Alls I know is that it's pretty close to the RS Plaza Hotel.

It's actually a pretty nice place to be around this time of the year. I think the US Marines have already left (maybe they're deployed?) by this time so you should be able to walk around without seeing *too many* farangs.

*I can't really guarantee the accuracy of these statements, as it's been two years since I was last there. But, I hope this helps.

Jonny

Thanks
    Sounds very exciting, changing the dressing on the Ya-Mo Statue. I would love to take a trip down to see for myself as well as have a bite at the Pizza Shop. I would be sure to tell Sten that Jon sent me.

arsira Guest
    and also there is a park tribute to the great female warrior 'tao suranari' ,and also not forgetting the marching band suranari witthaya from kohrat which took part in the wmc 2001.and also there is a loso song on this 'tao suranari'

talking

Korat Night Bazaar.... is a good shooping place. We can get alot of things there. It's really cheap!!
    If I visit Korat again.. I will visit the Night Bazaar again and won't miss it...Sure

Eliza

Thread Information