PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 110
Best Places To Shop For Clothes?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Best Places To Shop For Clothes?

I am arriving in thailand next month and was wondering what the clothes shopping is like out there? can you get fashionable good quality clothes for cheap prices? Also do they have a Top Shop or anything similar out there?
    where are the best places to shop for clothes?

cheers

Thanks
    The best prices can be found at Pratunam which is the garment district. It's a huge area spanning multiple buildings and you cannot finish it in one day. A lot of wholesalers and direct sales there. Pratunam is across the street from Panthip or you can just tell the taxi driver "Pra too nam." Walk around the area into the different buildings, there's a lot of stuff to look at.

Some decent prices can be found at MBK but most of the clothes there are actually purchased from Pratunam and resold. You'll also find various types of clothing at Jatujak weekend market but I don't think it's quite as fashionable as the stuff you find at Pratunam.

Thanks

name brands

Pratunam and MBK as mentioned above are great for good quailty clothes and counterfeit brand names.

Top Shop? No, they dont exist in Thailand. However, if it's discount prices on original brand names youre after then just pop into any branch of The Mall or Central dept stores. Most decent quality makes knock off their goods here far cheaper than you would find say in England.
    www.thai-blogs.com - Stories and Photos about Life in Thailand
    www.bangkokscams.com
    www.thaicolumn.com

Thanks

Pratunam

Please, take head to the signs about watching for pickpockets. That market is also know as the Thieves Market.
    since you might be there walk out to the main road from the hotel there and you be at New Petchburi....Across the street look for PanTipPlaza which may be the worlds greatest pirate software market in the world.....If you have limited time hit Mahboonkrong MBK....

You can get there easy from Nat'l Statium Station on the Sky Train....Get on the Sky Train as it will save you hours. If you want to give the BIG weekend market a try that would be the station in Mo Chit..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhuketJimmy
    Please, take head to the signs about watching for pickpockets. That market is also know as the Thieves Market.
    Actually Thieves Market is Woeng Nakhon Kasem and that's over in Chinatown. I've never seen pickpocket signs at Pratunam to be honest with you, I have seen them at Jatujak.

Thanks

Bad Fish

Well......I have heard that both are know as theives etc...
    I have seens many signs at Pratunam...(sp) I wnet there for the first time with a TG from BKK, She geard us up sans watches and money ID in passport type holders down out shirts...Mobile phones were clipped inside the pants...
    Interesting point. She advised that I wear my dark glasses as the thieves want to know where you eyes are.....I did get one bum tap action but that was from a LB...purely social I expect!

Thanks
    I would recommend you to go to "Suan Lum Night Bazaar". It's quite pleasant there.
    Support the forum and chat rooms and buy computer software and books for learning Thai at www.BuyThaiBooks.com

Thanks

Good Choice

Pluse there might be a good show there and you can get lots of food. The market by Bayoke Sky hotel is my least fav....
    Sure it is cheaper that MBK but MBK has alo more stuff!

Thanks
    MBK and surrounding siam square - there is plenty of cute boutiques there... the shopping centres adjacent to MBK are also fantastic... The larger shopping centres had night markets on the pavements at night...

Koh Sahn Road had some shopping but it was more touristy stuff at touristy prices..

Just depends on how much money you want to spend as to where you visit.

^_^

Thanks

I forgot about one palce

Take the walk wayh over from MBK toward Siam Square and you'll be in a mini clother market.......

Thread Information