Thanks

Truth behind Tuk-Tuks/Taxis and Commission

Do you now how many times i have heard the false fact = 'Tuk-tuk drivers and Taxi drivers get fuel vouchers if a foreign tourists pops into a shop'!

This is NOT the truth! The tuk-tuk driver and taxi-drivers DO NOT get fuel vouchers whatsover, they get CASH!

Those fuel vouchers which tuk-tuk drivers and some taxi drivers carry are fake they are only used as a sympathy token when asking the tourist "Oooooh, im sorry you know our scam about taking you to shops etc... but please pop into this Tailors Shop will you, and help me get a fuel voucher?"

Just look at the Fuel vouchers they look fake a mile off! If you live in Thailand you will realize that 99% of the tuk-tuk population cant read ABC so why are these vouchers printed in English? Of course, just to fool the tourist into feeling pity and so popping into a shop for the foreign tourist.

The standard CASH payment given out by Tailor Shops, Jewellers etc... is 200Baht a head!

These Fake Fuel Vouchers are printed out by Tuk-tuk drivers and taxi drivers are also meant to SCAM the shops too! If a shop knows that a tuk-tuk or taxi drivers has purposely brought a foreigner (the foreigner thinks the tuk-tuks getting Fuel Vouchers) with the intent just to get his 200 baht comm. that tuk-tuk/taxi driver is banned from ever taking any foreigner to that shop again.

So, the next time a tuk-tuk driver or taxi driver asks you to visit a shop for him or offers you to go on a ten baht ride, tell him 'Yes, all right but give me 100 baht for every shop I pop in to - i know you get 200 baht commission and not Fuel Vouchers!"

There is a good chance you'll soon be employed for the day! But when the tuk-tuk/taxi driver tells his buddies you know of the Fuel Voucher Scam they are gonna be thinking "Geez, how did he know!"

Pls pass on this info to all your foreign buddies that have fallen prey to this 'sympathy' or 'ten baht ride scam'
    www.thai-blogs.com - Stories and Photos about Life in Thailand
    www.bangkokscams.com
    www.thaicolumn.com

tuktukman Guest
    ....business is so tough....

Thanks
    It seems like a good Job for a farang on a working holiday, cash in hand no government bureaucracy., Just pop into 6 shops an Hour, at 100 baht per shop commishion, that's 600 baht per hour times an 8 hour day, that's 4800 baht tax free, a good living if you ask me, and get to see the sights of Bangkok at the same time as Bonus.

Thanks
    Sure Paul:

Ive been propositioned twice to do exactly this! Yeah, scam the shops out of 200 cash commission. Speaking Thai the drivers thought it would be an excellent idea to have me pop into shops all day long and share the commission.

This is how i know about the Fake Fuel Vouchers, these drivers let me in on how the scam works.

There is a minimum time set. Something 10 minutes minimum that that foreigner has to be in the shop. The foreigner also has to look like he has money to spend. A banana-shake scruffy backpacker and the owner may refuse to give the commission, like he sniffs a scam!
    www.thai-blogs.com - Stories and Photos about Life in Thailand
    www.bangkokscams.com
    www.thaicolumn.com

Thread Information