Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Beware pickpocket in Chatuchak!

If you are browning/shopping in Chatuchak area.BEWARE a couple pretending to bend or surround you..You will end up with yours wife/gal handbags or yours pocket cut open by penknife.Most of them work in pairs.
    Natthi Santiparam Sukham

Thanks

Not news

Same Same the market at Pratunam and all others....
    You outght to be aware everywhere!

Thanks

wadee Krub

Really, cmon i never hab a problem wiff pickpockets. Why do yu say so , is it really that bad. maybe i am just speak frum my point of view of being a native, but wow if that's how it is it is bad. I hab warned groups that have been a tour guide to watch out while we are in Groong Thep tho.

Thanks

money pinchers!

I have travelled extensively in and around Thailand for many years now and have never ever had a problem with pickpockets, razor artists, bag snatchers etc. I believe common sense prevails in any of the streets and markets of the world. I have seen people mugged outside my home (london) for a mobile phone or apple iPOD. I have been to some nasty places believe me and I always conceal my passport,money and cards inside a thin bag held inside my trouser(with silica gel pouch to stop passport getting moist with heat) I also place a decoy wallet (empty) in the back pocket of my trousers. This has never been taken either. For the serious paranoid you can attach velcro into your pockets - any wandering hands and you will soon hear a kerfuffle. Better than all of these precautions is simple common sense. Be aware of your surroundings and dont flash any jewellry or expensive watches and try to fit into the crowd. all in all dont worry about pickpockets or razor slashers eying up your bags/backpacks, your more likely to get run down by a tuk tuk when crossing the road!
    Best Regards! Nik

Thanks

ps also

by the way when i mentioned nasty places i should have said 'nasty looking characters/situations' rather than places really....Running from a pack of hungry street dogs in the early hours in Nong Khai brings back nightmares!

chok dee na krap!
    Best Regards! Niki

tuktukman Guest
    Once i encounter a pickpocket trying to pick me...i gave him a flying kick and a punch in crowded khao san... then police arrest me..but i gave 200B to them and i am back drinking again..

Thanks

Another Local for nick jobs

Mahboonkrong....I had a tap on my wallet side trouser pocket on the escallator just the other day!

Thanks
    I ANGRY,because my Hua Hin photo taken plus my dig.camera all gone.But are cover by my insurance luckily,but my photo,can't be recover.And most importance,most of the photo are to be print in these forum for those who never been to Hua Hin.So you see how mad I am...
    Natthi Santiparam Sukham

Thanks

Help u with some of my recent Hua Hin pics.

Here are some attached photos of Hua Hin:

Thanks
    I have an internal passport pocket sown into all my trousers, my money, ATM card and credit card are hidden inside my under pance, I have a wallet in my front pocket with a small amount of cash as a decoy, and all my front pockets are locked with a safety pin and my back pockets are empty. My free Right hand side pocket has an internal extension sown in to fit my Knife with it's 14 inch blade.
    My former Thai girlfriend told me, I was to security conscious and said I did not need to do all this as Thailand is safe, the very next day, she got her purse pick pocketed out of her bag right after they watch her put her pin number into an ATM and guess what, they stripped her bank account of all her money, luckily her bank account only contained 14,000 baht. Any way after that she never thought I was to security conscious.

Thread Information