Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thai food quiz

Thanks

Thai food quiz

Thanks
    I scored less than 90 for the quiz. If there is a reward of good Thai food for getting full marks, I am sure I will get 100.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    We will be adding some more Thai Food quizzes this week. How are you guys with the format? Showing a picture then choosing the correct Thai name. We were thinking we might add sound too. So that you can either listen or read. Hopefully we will have an ingredients quiz and a foodstall quiz up and running soon.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    We will be adding some more Thai Food quizzes this week. How are you guys with the format? Showing a picture then choosing the correct Thai name. We were thinking we might add sound too. So that you can either listen or read. Hopefully we will have an ingredients quiz and a foodstall quiz up and running soon.
    I like the presentation style. The quiz is user-friendly and the photographs are beautiful.

I noticed myself reading the transliteration rather than the actual Thai words. Perhaps the names are too difficult for me. Adding sound clips would be nice. That will really help us in remembering the food items.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I just had another idea. I think we might do a "food menu trainer" as well so that you can practise before the exam. Also, it would help you to answer better if you know the names of the ingredients as well as methods for cooking. So, we will do some quizzes for these too.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Here is another quiz for you to try. You may have noticed that dishes have words that keep coming up. These are words like grilled, curry, steamed, minced etc. If you can recognize these words then it will help you a lot to decode menus.

Try this and see how well you do:

http://www.enjoythaifood.com/quiz/kitchen_001.htm

Thanks
    I like this quiz as a precursor to the 'major' quiz. At least the latter does not seem that daunting now.

Thanks
    Great Idea! My problem is remembering the names of the dishes. If I go to a Thai restaurant the transliteration oh English names confuses me.

Thanks
    Hi Richard
    The word gaeng is very general for the type of cooking you have to add adjective to complete what kind of gaeng, like gaeng jeut, gaeng phet or gaeng garee(curry favor) . So the word gaeng is not equel to curried on questionaire # 20 the closest word should be soup then add definiton follow what kind of soup.

Q # 12 you use the word sweet basil we don't have sweet basil,sweet basil is commonly used by Mexican and Italian, it has large green leave the aroma is not as good as Thai basil (Horapa), sometime being called purple basil some time being called Thai basil but I recognize it right away by smelling.

Thread Information